• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

9800 pro not being recognized by kt4v mobo

System Name Komputor
Processor 2500k
Motherboard p5b d
Cooling stock
Memory 8gigs ddr 1600
Video Card(s) Asus Turbo GTX 970 4 gig
Storage sata II 500 gig
Display(s) 30inch Dell ultrasharp
Case Haf 922
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Prelude
Power Supply 600w OCZ stealthxtream
Mouse Razer Death Adder
Keyboard Logitech G15
Software Win 7 home premium 64 bit.
Hi guys,
I recently got a second puter for cheap fun. It has a MSI kt4v mobo in it. When I plug in my old 9800 pro It gives me nothing. No posting whatsoever. The monitor just blinks its little green light. I have even tried it on another monitor. I have tried this in a friends puter and the 9800 works fine. The mobo is 8x agp but the bios, which I have updated- shows only 4x. Don't think that really matters. Also the bios will only let me turn up the volts to 1.8 I believe .

It has a 400 watt power supply in it so I know that's not the problem. I also have an Nvidia 64 meg agp card that works in it just fine. I just cant figure it out. And yes I have plugged the 9800 in to the power supply. I have also tried different plugs.

the specs are :
athlon 1800+
msi kt4v mobo
1 gig ddr 333
60 gig HD
400 w PSU

any help would be awesome.
Cheers

System Name Komputor
Processor 2500k
Motherboard p5b d
Cooling stock
Memory 8gigs ddr 1600
Video Card(s) Asus Turbo GTX 970 4 gig
Storage sata II 500 gig
Display(s) 30inch Dell ultrasharp
Case Haf 922
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Prelude
Power Supply 600w OCZ stealthxtream
Mouse Razer Death Adder
Keyboard Logitech G15
Software Win 7 home premium 64 bit.
Hey , thanks alot for your help! However after installing all the latest bios and mainboard drivers, it still doesnt work. The one thing I cant figure out is why the agp setting in the bios only shows 1x 2x 4x , no 8x! there is a big ol' green heatsink, i think it is , on the mobo that says 8X AGP. Is this what you meant by check agp settings in Bios? I am assuming that live update would do a fine enough job of telling me and installing what I need?

any more help would be appreciated.
thanks again
:respect:

ps. would fastwrite being on or off make a diff in the bios.
it's funny I was just going through the mobo manual, and in there it only says it supports 1x2xand 4x agp.
but in the front of the book, theres a pic of the mobo with a shiny 8X on it!
lol