1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

9800gx2, Gpu1 on which PCB?

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by Apa, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Apa New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi. Just wondering on which of the 2 PCBs GPU1 is located on a 9800GX2.
    I got my card fairly cheap from my country's version of eBay, but the card was running WAY too hot (over 105C on both cores after a few mins of crysis), so I applied new cooling paste on it which lowered the temperatures on GPU0 with almost 12C, while on GPU1 there's no difference.

I accidentally removed the SLI cord between the 2 cards, which forced me to pick it apart again, but I didn't re-apply cooling paste, so I assume I just need to apply cooling paste on GPU1 again (cleaning of the old paste of course) to lower its temps a lot, but in order to avoid having to do GPU0 again too I just wonder if anyone knows on which of the 2 PCBs GPU1 is on...
    Takes like 30 minutes to pick it apart (removing the cooling solution from both PCBs) and back together again.

Much appreciated if someone could help me!
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
  2. {JNT}Raptor

{JNT}Raptor New Member

Thanks Received:
    GPU 1 is the GPU on the pcb that actually plugs into the PCI-E slot...NOT the one connected by the sli ribbon.

Hope it helps. :)
    Apa says thanks.
  3. Apa New Member

Thanks Received: