1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

9800PRO Fan stopped working & question

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Sandlegion, May 8, 2005.

1. Sandlegion New Member

Thanks Received:
    hi ppl,

My 9800PRO (Gigacube) fan stopped working.

Now, thing is that it took me some time to open the computer to find out why I had those erroneous computer freezes, when I did, I saw it, I was dazzled that such an OEM part gets whacked so fast (1.5 years).

When I touched one of the diodes and almost got burned (which means that it was over 50C? cant be sure of temp by touch...)

In any case I'm wondering if this card can reach tempertures that can siriously damage it, or does it hang up from the electricity when that happenes? I'm just so worried that those 6 times I restarted the computer and played with it, I didn't screw one of those delicate (crucial) parts of my card by overheating the card.

If someone can just assure me that everything is all right, or that everything is bad and I need a new card.

P.S.
    I am supposed to get this mother in about an hour+. I just hope it will have something to cool.

Some insights & help would be graciously welcome.

2. Jimmy 2004

Jimmy 2004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Graphics cards aren't normally damaged if you can still play 3D games. They can handle quite high temps so my guess is that it would be fine. I'd be more wooried if it wasn't crashing with a broken fan!!

3. wtf8269

wtf8269 New Member

Thanks Received:
    If it became too hot or unstable I believe it would shut itself down. But hey, you can still see these forums so I'd say you're okay, especially once you get that Tt Giant on there.