• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

A BF3 bug/glitch/feature- Just Curious, Need Explanation.

keling

System Name X
Processor Intel Core 2 i5 2500K (Stock)
Motherboard Gigabyte Z68-DS3
Cooling Intel Stock Cooler
Memory Corsair Vengeange 2X2GB
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE ATI RADEON HD 5850 1GB @ 771mhz
Storage WESTERN DIGITAL 2TB Black Edition
Display(s) SAMSUNG 2232BW 22" LCD 1680X1050
Case The same one from 2003. The Nameless One.
Audio Device(s) Logitech G35 headset
Power Supply Xigmatek NRP-702 700W
Software WINDOW 7 PRO 64bit OEM
Battlefield 3 has been taking up most of my time these couple of weeks and I encountered very little bugs. The most common one is the brief green flashes. Not a major problem.

The one that's bothering me is a particularly curious animation that sporadically occur. It exclusively happened when I met a hostile face to face in close combat (I assume within 1-3 metres and we're both suddenly appear on each other's path from behind cover or corners). We both fired simultaneously at each other but after the first bullet/seconds of firing, my character model stopped firing and spread his arms apart, as if his left hand is hurt or surprised at the recoil then brought them together back. It lasted around 2-3 seconds but it's enough to confuse me.

At first I thought it some sort lag induced pause where an enemy would kill me, my shooting models would freeze and then I dropped dead. But, no. It's obviously some sort of animation since in some encounters I can resume firing once the hands are back together. During my first week of multiplayer, I thought it's some sort of weapon failure mechanics like in Far Cry 2 but the animation is merely spreading the hands apart, then bringing them together, no reloading or re-cocking the weapon animations. Just hands apart and back again. Initially I kept dying because of this since I thought it's due to lag and let the the hostile finish me off. Now I know it's some sort of animation that I can continue firing once it had ended-unless the hostile was accurate enough to kill me during those crucial 2-3 seconds when my character model decided to greet the enemy with open arms. I want to kill him, not offering him peace.

What is that? A bug? A glitch? A left over animation for a feature that got cancelled at the very last minute? Any guesses?

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Only thing I can think of is that your mouse scroll wheel is malfunctioning.

keling

System Name X
Processor Intel Core 2 i5 2500K (Stock)
Motherboard Gigabyte Z68-DS3
Cooling Intel Stock Cooler
Memory Corsair Vengeange 2X2GB
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE ATI RADEON HD 5850 1GB @ 771mhz
Storage WESTERN DIGITAL 2TB Black Edition
Display(s) SAMSUNG 2232BW 22" LCD 1680X1050
Case The same one from 2003. The Nameless One.
Audio Device(s) Logitech G35 headset
Power Supply Xigmatek NRP-702 700W
Software WINDOW 7 PRO 64bit OEM
Hmm....never thought of that. There were no weapon changes, just the same gun. I'll try and check on that.