1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

A.C. Ryan AluBoxTFX

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by t_ski, May 3, 2007.

1. t_ski

t_ski Former Staff

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: May 8, 2007
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. szir New Member

Thanks Received:
    What about data integrity?
    I copied 4GB data and the box produced about 100 byte fault. (used windows fc /b)
    all the md5 checksums has mismatch...
    maybe it's just mine, but this is a peace of crap!

3. t_ski

t_ski Former Staff

Thanks Received:
    Welcome to TPU. Is there something you need help with? I think either your unit is faulty or you have some other kind of system issue. I never experienced any issues like that with the review unit.

Crunching for Team TPU
  4. twicksisted

twicksisted

Thanks Received:
    its an enclosure, so the enclosure cannot develop a data fault... the drive inside the enclosure had a fault, and that was installed into the enclosure seperately...

the only thing that would make this a good or bad enclosure would be the interface (USB2 / Esata) and the cooling or capability to run the HDD cool

5. szir New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thx, I'll return it then next week.
    I don't really need help. I was just wondering if this is a unique case or a faulty series, and If you tested this kind of things or just transfare rates. The error rate is about 3:100000000 in this case and you probably wouldn't even notice on video playback. (I didn't until just-for-fun i ran an md5 check)
    I read (probably on truyecrypt site) that there are some USB to IDE devices that do these kind of things.
    I had 4 other USB mobil rack and all of them worked perfectly (same USB port and cable even) one of them was attached to my PC 24/7 for maybe 2 years (with 60 days average continous sys uptimes) and never had any problem. I tested my USB-SATA device and its working just fine without a single corrupted bit.

I would appreciate if you could run a test specially designed detecting data integrity issues in the furute, since it's more important than speed (at least for me).

well here it is:
    "Important: Several users reported that data on their TrueCrypt volumes were becoming corrupted. Later, these users found out that it was not a problem with TrueCrypt but with their hardware (chipset, USB hard drive, cables, USB PCI card, etc.) Therefore, we recommend that you make sure data written to the unencrypted device (where you intend to create a TrueCrypt volume) is not becoming corrupted. For example, by copying a large set of files (at least several gigabytes in total) and then comparing the original files with the copies (by content) using e.g. the command line tool fc supplied with Windows."
    http://www.truecrypt.org/docs/?s=data-corruption

----------------------

YES it can!
    The HDD is working fine thank you very much!
    I tryed 2 separate HDD (new WD 500GB and Samsung 400GB)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2008