• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

A Crate at TechPowerUp's Doorstep

You are forgetting to add "when it works".

My current triplefire fails misirably in Skyrim and New vegas, when according to afterburner the gpu 3 is just sleeping, and gpu's 1 and 2 are going all over the place from 0% usage ( on both) to 70% usage on both, each location seems to trigger something in the driver that begins this crazy cycle.

Offtopic: Oh and I get artifacts on the screen sometimes in skyrim, thought that might be the issue with the overclock -> but nope, same on default settings.
I saw similar problem in Heaven, when you get the dragon flight-around during sunset, break texture lines, both on OC and default. Strange problem is -> doesnt happen in 3dmark 2011 on any settings, doesnt happen in BF3/Metro 2033/ Crysis 2 on any settings. Granted I didn't do a clean install of windows after my nvidia cards....cause I'm lazzy, and that might be the case, but still annyoing.

Hey atleast you have a possible solution to your issue at hand. 3 of my systems with Nvidia cards have the annoying WMC reset/refresh/freeze issue and in 3D phase a 1-2second refresh. You ever try playing a MMO PvP or a Multiplayer FPS and have the screen reset on you for 2 seconds out of nowhere. The only semi-cure is reverting back to 27x.xx series drivers but that fixes the WMC issue and the 3D phase refresh isnt as frequent.

Yo_Wattup

System Name Desktop/Gamer/Digital Audio Wokstation ||| HTPC
Processor 2500k @ 4.65ghz ||| AMD A8 @ 3.6ghz
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V Pro
Cooling Noctua NH-D14 with single Blue Antec Tri-Cool 120mm ||| Stock
Memory 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600 @1900mhz 8-9-9-24 ||| 8GB G.Skill 1600 CL9
Video Card(s) 2x HIS HD6950 2GB Crossfire, 6970 clocks ||| HD6550D
Storage 120GB Intel 320 series SSD + 2TB storage ||| 1TB Seagate
Display(s) 32" Sony Bravia LCD 1080p ||| 50" Hitachi Plasma 1080p
Case Raidmax Raptor modded to 7 fans ||| A compact HP Case
Audio Device(s) Firewire audio interface + two 9" studio monitors, 450 REAL watts ||| onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX 750W ||| generic 400W
Software Win 7 Ultimate + Win 8 consumer preview||| Win 7 Pro
Benchmark Scores Never drops below 60fps Battlefield 3 everything on max, fov 90. :D
BAHAHAHAHAA that is a pathetic looking crowbar! Bring that into my workshop and you'll get laughed at all the way home... how lame nVidia...

A good reminder that gaming is just that - a game.