1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

A Few Questions About Hawx

Discussion in 'Games' started by MatTheCat, Apr 29, 2009.

1. MatTheCat New Member

Thanks Received:
    Anyone have it?

Read a lot of criticism about it not being a 'real flight sim' but I dont care too much about that as the flight aspect of BF2 were arcade also and i found flying the jet in BF2 to be amongst the most exhilirating fun I have ever had on my PC.

So about Hawx, how does it play? Is it even halfway as good as BF2 (flight)? Is it on STEAM? Or is there any other DRM nasty that I may want to consider before buying it?

Danke Schon!

2. Chryonn

Chryonn

Thanks Received:
    i played it to completion a few weeks ago. it's not very long in terms of game time, about 6 or 7 hours maybe less. the flight model works very well with the keyboard and mouse - i was mildly surprised. it's not meant to be a proper flight sim - the fact it's been released on consoles suggests that. and since it's been released by Ubisoft it's DRM-free. there are no codes or activations needed to run the game. i think Ubisoft are brave in this decision. you'll have to search steam to find out if it is released there

3. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    My dad bought it and I put it on my computer. Runs GREAT with DX10.1 and 8x AA. Looks beautiful. I'm not much of a flight sim guy but it's pretty fun. Make sure to get a controller tho, I found it hard to play with the mouse and keyboard.

4. rampage

Thanks Received:
    it is no where near a flight sim, but its still good game (if you have a good joystick)... it feels fluid and natural in generic flight, and over all i liked it.