1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

A few Questions about the Quadro FX 1000

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by hardeight, Feb 16, 2006.

1. hardeight New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello,

I recently obtained a Quadro FX 1000 card, this is my first time dealing with a professional level card. I have heard that there is a way to flash the bios or simply use different drivers to make this perform as a gaming card instead of a 3D modeling\rendering card.

My questions are:
    Is this actually possible?
    How bad is it to run games on a quadro card?
    What is a gaming card equivalent to a FX 1000?

Anything else I should know about this card?

2. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    hmm actually i did some scanning on the card though it isnt built for gaming it looks like it would actually do decent since its not really built for it i cant really give you a good comparison but it seems like it will do just fine judging by processor power and instuctions etc...if your looking to over clock it to get a little more preformance try riva tuner power stripe naturally id recommend ati tool to however im not sure it supporets that card infact im not sure any of them do but the other too will prolly yeild better resaults. good luck and do tell us how it goes :)

o yes im tired and cant spell.

3. Anarion New Member

Thanks Received:
    nooffence , but when u do NOT KNOW anything "anythings" then why tired urself !

just remind me of someone badly ! in here; someone like amdcam or some other noisy guy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ Hard8

Q1000 use nv30-GL it mean 5800 base card . (95% = 5800ultra) .

IF u use 3dsmax-maya-lightwave-ensight etc. don't think about mod/flash to a geforce

but if u bought it for gaming (odd) there are two ways!

first; romstrap which change pci-id in soft mode & cmos (use rivatuner)

two; flash it & change pci id in hard mode with change of some tiny resistors (i don't think u need this one coz u want come from up to down ! & i never had such experince !) !

i had/have bios for 5800 ! just mail me but pls give me ur bios too (dump it)

4. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:

whoa Anarion what do u mean i wasnt trying to be loud or whatever and no i do not know alot about the quatro do u?....do u own one? i think not i was just trying to help but if i did piss you off i have a right to know u never seemed so hostile b4 so you should educate me in what i did that set you off.

in fact u might whant to pm me so we dont start a fight in the forums and so we dont highjack the thread.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2006
  5. hardeight New Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't use and 3d modeling software, and I didn't buy the card, It was given to me. (They were throwing a bunch out at work during a system upgrade)

How do I dump the Bios? Rivatuner?

Edit: Ohh yeah, and how much does this affect gaming? I have heard mixed opinions from people. If its not that big of a difference I might as well just not bother.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2006