1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

A good,cheap digital camera needed

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by wolf2009, Jul 21, 2008.

1. wolf2009 Guest

I need a good digital camera, must be as cheap as possible.

I'm going to be taking graphic card pictures for my upcoming reviews. So it needs to have a good focus at close range. I dont know what i'm talking about, i dont know anything about cameras.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks !
  2. wolf2009 Guest

no one can help me ?
  3. Paulieg

Paulieg The Mad Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    My pick would be the Samsung s730. Very nice camera, and you can find it NEW on ebay for $75.
  4. TheGoat Eater

TheGoat Eater

Thanks Received:
    what do you consider cheap for a good camera - my family has a camera store and we have NOS at a bit of savings

NOS - New Old Stock
  5. wolf2009 Guest

i'm interested, i just need a good cheap camera , doesn't matter what .
  6. D3M0N-G4M3R

D3M0N-G4M3R New Member

Thanks Received:
    Look up the fuji s6500, at £130 i consider it cheap considering it has a 10.7x optical zoom which is ace. It is a 6.3mp camera and tbh it is one of the best i own, its easy for a beginner and takes beautiful crystal clear pics, its got multiple settings for shadows and dark etc so using it inside a case is great. Ive taken totally clear pics of my ram upclose en stuff. If your looking for a dirt cheap camera, try and find a small cam with about 3-5mp and a decent flash.
  7. TheGoat Eater

TheGoat Eater

Thanks Received:
    I would suggest a Canon or Nikon point and shoot( maybe a Canon SD1000) - you can get great pics if you use the setting right... or you could go for an entry level DSLR as a lo of reviewers that take photos use them... PM me and I can get you the number if interested...