1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

a hello and can any one help please

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by rembrandt, Dec 29, 2008.

1. rembrandt New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi All

just fitted a Palit HD4870 1GB sonic dual bios card into my machine and to say im dispointed is under statement, Im playing COD WaW at the moment and the map loading is so slow the game has already started when i enter and the ati disply driver randomly crash's me out the game any ideas???

will put comp specs up in a minute

Dave

E6600@3gb, ASRock penryn1600sli-110db ,coolermaster REAL POWER M700, PALIT HD48701GB sonic dual bios , AXF case, OCZ 800mhz 4GB platinum ram, ARCTIC 7 cooler,Zalman ZM-NBF47 Northbridge Heatsink

2. DanTheBanjoman SeƱor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Uninstall all old driver, install latest driver. Since the driver is crashing you might want to tell us what driver you're using.

3. <<Onafets>>

<<Onafets>>

Thanks Received:
    Hmmmm,
    Sounds like it's not in properly or the card's been damaged....was your previous card any faster at loading?
    If it was, I would try to get it replaced...sounds like a dodgy card to me :=|

4. rembrandt New Member

Thanks Received:
    hi using catalyst 8.12 which is the latest drivers , checked card in slot twice to see if its in properly , the xfx8800gt alpha dog loaded very fast was normally waiting for others to load

thanks dave