1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

A note from qubit

Discussion in 'Comments & Feedback' started by qubit, Jan 31, 2012.

1. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    People may be wondering why my username name no longer appears in purple. I'd just like to let fans of my news articles know that it's because I've quit writing news for TPU. There were a few differences with management which caused my hobby to stop being fun and rewarding so I decided that it was time to call it a day and return to being a regular member.

I don't regret having done this for a minute though and I'd like to thank you all for being such a great audience and making it all worthwhile. I gained some experience in writing news stories and loved interacting with you in the forum following a news post. :toast:

I especially would like to thank all those who took the time and trouble to PM me/visitors messages for articles to write up, often many times over. You guys are awesome! :rockout: :respect:

Edits are in bold.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
    Ahhzz, gorg_graggel, theJesus and 70 others say thanks.
  2. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    I feel like your avatar right now.

de.das.dude and qubit say thanks.
  3. radrok

radrok

Thanks Received:
    I liked your style and I'm probably gonna miss some of your articles in the future :( especially because your articles were always a start for good discussions.
    I'm glad that you'll still be around here anyway :toast:

snuif09, qubit, INSTG8R and 1 other person say thanks.
  4. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Awww.

5. Damn_Smooth

Damn_Smooth New Member

Thanks Received:
    I can't say that I'm too happy about this turn of events. I thought that you were a great addition to the newsteam and I appreciated your style, even if it was a bit controversial. I will miss your articles, but it's good to know that you aren't leaving the forums alltogether.

damric and qubit say thanks.
  6. Radical_Edward

Radical_Edward

Thanks Received:
    While this does not please me, it doesn't come as a surprise. I've felt for a long time that there's a few certain mods that Wiz lets run the show/abuse others too often. But that's just my 0.02

I stick around because awesome people that make TPU a great place to find information that matters. That and a lot of people on here I consider friends and I would honestly miss them if I left and didn't maintain some form of contact other than TPU.

Qubit, I really liked most of your articles and I'd be glad to keep reading news stuff you post elsewhere.

heky and qubit say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  7. 3volvedcombat

3volvedcombat New Member

Thanks Received:
    you should not have quit

even though we bashed you it was because we could and did out of life struggles .:laugh::roll:
    Exhaling the stress!

we still want you bez are newz editorz!`

qubit says thanks.
  8. qubit

Thanks Received:
    Thanks very much man, but it wasn't due to the members, seriously. You guys are awesome.

Even the ones that wanted my head on a plate gave me a laugh and I didn't take that too seriously either, lol.

9. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    qubit says thanks.
  10. AthlonX2

AthlonX2 HyperVtX™

Thanks Received:
    about time your gone,your onesidedness wasnt needed here anyways :)

11. INSTG8R

INSTG8R

Thanks Received:
    Shame you gave it up. I liked your fresh angle on the news, was quite refreshing and always made for great discussions. I am sad like your avatar...:shadedshu

qubit says thanks.
  12. Completely Bonkers New Member

Thanks Received:
    I found your contribution valuable and interesting. While I might not have always agreed with your take on certain issues, I did appreciate the fact that you brought editorial conscience to the news postings. Conscience is an aptitude, faculty, intuition or judgment of the intellect that distinguishes something interesting to read from PR and Marketing copy and paste.

I will visit TPU less often... I am quite tired of "news" being nothing more than "google statistic" copy and paste of marketing PR.

Live long and prosper. :pimp:

heky and qubit say thanks.
  13. qubit

Thanks Received:
    Hey, you're welcome. :toast: It's funny you should say this though as you were one of those awesome people that PM'd me to write up news articles... there's nothing quite like having some of the forbidden fruit, is there. ;)

14. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Yeah...you're a good and smart guy and all just not the greatest fit here in that role imho. I personally don't want the editorial with my tech "news". From any "side".

It's not like I can't get opinion and "different angles" anywhere else on the internet. :laugh:

qubit says thanks.
  15. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    lol!

DonInKansas, brandonwh64 and DannibusX say thanks.
  16. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    discovered how demanding it is being part of TPU staff eh? :p

Well good job, you've done a good job :toast: and had to prove yourself much more than the other news writers before getting accepted

Since we are on this topic, I know it has been quite a while, but why is Rhino not a moderator anymore?

I'm going to miss you a little bit :p but not that much, you always find a way to share your opinion LOL

17. garyinhere

garyinhere

Thanks Received:
    He was drunk, a troll was trolling, so he put on some pampers, drove to Florida, and beat Mailman within an inch of his life (Astronaut Style). :toast:

qubit says thanks.
  18. qubit

Thanks Received:
    I can handle the 'demand' just fine, I can tell you. ;) It's the other stuff that made it not worth it. However, it's not appropriate to share stuff like this in public.

I'm not sure how you think I had to "prove myself more" though? :confused:

You and MM always crack me up with posts like this! :laugh: Nice one. :toast:

garyinhere says thanks.
  19. garyinhere

garyinhere

Thanks Received:
    It was strange when you started posting news, now it will be strange that your not posting news. Keep your chin up man. :)

qubit says thanks.
  20. qubit

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, it's that "sea change" that does it. I know what you mean. Heck, it felt real funny to me too. :laugh:

21. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Honestly, your news articles were good but the parts were you throw your own opinion into or your insite on the subject is were I frowned apon. Your articles would have been perfect if your first post was all about the news at hand and then later on post your opinions in a separate posting not the OP. This is just my 0.02$

Crunching for Team TPU
  22. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Now all you gotta do is the same thing but become the president and you leave a millionaire lol.

With all the news editors lately some one had to have the short stick :(.. But grass is greener this side :).

Here a :toast:of thinking about all the fun of being a news editor and not the rules.

qubit says thanks.
  23. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    You were the first new News writer and on top of that your style was completely different than bta, so people didn't react to the change well at all. You eventually got accepted though

TMM and Cristian came after, and while their style isn't the same as bta, it isn't radically different, especially after you came along, so you definitively made the path easier for them

ie: You don't see TMM or Cristian having do defend every single choice of words they make like you had to at first. Sure TMM has to deal with a few haters, but nothing like what you had to deal with

Fatal and qubit say thanks.
  24. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    So that makes him the Gandhi or Martin Luther King of news posters? Just sayin', cause they are both dead now and were people who broke new ground;)

25. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    EXACTLY :roll: