1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

A philosopher's ethical description of the abuse of MB vs mb and why it is unethical:

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by vawrvawerawe, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Arctucas

Arctucas

Thanks Received:
    In my opinion, the possibility that that the ISPs may be counting on the woeful ignorance of the masses, and the apparent lack of initiative to do their due diligence, is what I find somewhat unethical.

With regard to your personal situation with Comcast; you obviously are not going to call them up and say 'You are giving me more that I am paying for, please reduce my bandwidth.' are you? Also, if the situation were reversed, I can imagine you (or anyone) not hesitating to call and demand what you are paying for, but not receiving.
  2. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Actually, at least in the Chicago/NWI area, Comcast is by far the best ISP available.

For example, I pay for a 50/15 plan and get this:
    [​IMG]

Every person I know that uses Comcast gets better than their rated speed. And they are actually really fast at taking care of issues, unlike AT&T. If the modem they provide dies they replace it without issue, AT&T tries to charge $150 for a new one.

The other main alternative is AT&T. They never give the advertised speed, and they oversell their infrastructure constantly.
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  3. srsparky32

srsparky32

Thanks Received:
    this is the worst post ive ever read. i just got cancer.
    Frick and Toilet_pepper say thanks.
  4. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Sad but generally true. They are still a crap company despite how well the service may work. AT&T was/is worse though, for sure.
  5. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    Tl;dr - the dude who spam threads makes a post about a non issue and entitle himself as a philosopher.

Because as others have pointed out, it's not an issue until they claim you get 20Mbytes, and it seems they dont.

EDIT: Ohh it's in GN. Browsing with the phone. :ohwell:
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
    MT Alex says thanks.