1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

a program that could TRULY read the CPU's temp, I'm a little confused, HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by CH@NO, Jul 1, 2007.

1. CH@NO

CH@NO New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi pals.

Days ago the Intel Stock fan started to cause problems, since I heared and saw the RPM's Fan to slow down or something and the CPU temp increase really high......before my CPU reached about 40 C idle.....and later 57 C idle and cannot go at full load since I don't wanna fry my CPU. all the temps read on the BIOS.

Ok, so I changed my cooler with a Thermaltake one, a cheapy but It brings descent cooling, now at idle gives me 38 C and not yet tested at full load.

The prob is I use a 2 SW for reading the CPU's temp. The PC WIZARD 2007 and the CORE TEMP, both of them on the lastes versions. An with the PC W the temp seems to be lowered, It shows me 30 C and core 1 37 C aprox. and CORE TEMP shows me vice versa, a very high temps like 60 C, so I wonder if there's a program that REALLY shows the correct CPU temp. or a way to fix those incorrect readings.

Thanx for all the supports Pals, you really HELPED ME A LOT!!!

2. Nemesis881 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've been using RightMark cpu clock utility. Seems pretty accurate to me :toast:.

CH@NO says thanks.
  3. suraswami

suraswami

Thanks Received:
    Use TAT (Thermal Analysis Tool).

Core temp readings are accurate enough. It reads the temp from the diode built into the CPU. Core temp reads the core temps while others get the socket temp that Bios reports. Core temp will always be > Socket temp.

And based on your systems specs, don't get me wrong. PCCHIPS :shadedshu

They must have a screwed up the readings. Do you have the latest bios.

If you get a mobo from a good manufacturer you will see good low temps on ur CPU because they use good capacitors and high quality materials.

Why do you think PCCHIPS sell cheap?

CH@NO says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  4. CH@NO

CH@NO New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanx amigos.

I'll try those programs and yeah, PC SHITS are a bad mobo I know that, but here in Mexico all are more expensive and that mobo was the right thing for the money I was save.

Hope on the future invest more an aquire a S3 model from Gigabyte to make a good OC.

5. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
  6. CH@NO

CH@NO New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanx DOM_ATI but that program was the first I tried and the temps was all messed up, at first the temps appears normal but if the system do anything the temp suddenly going up 10 C and when the systems was inactive the C drops to normal (how can the CPU takes 10 C in less than 1 sec, and return to normal temp in less than 1 sec?).

Like the other commrade says, the missreading must be 'cause the shitty mobo.....arrggg!!! :banghead:

dwayne leach says thanks.
  7. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
    Yeah thats what I was thinking cuz it uses the mobo sensors cuz I tryed it on my dell and it only shows the hd and with my main rig with these 3 there about the same or off by 1c

Attached Files:

• z.jpg
      z.jpg
      File size:
      169.7 KB
      Views:
  8. psyko12

psyko12

Thanks Received:
    try Everest home, or ultimate if you'd like :D, I use speed fan too and its very customizable :D

9. D_o_S

D_o_S Moderator

Thanks Received:
    All software is innacurate...

Generally, however, CoreTemp is considered to be the most accurate, since it reads directly from the CPU, and not from a motherboard sensor...

I have experienced up to 10 C difference comparing software to thermocouple...

10 Year Member at TPU
  10. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    coretemp is the best you can get without external sensors. it is not perfect though, depending on your single cpu you may see +-2°C.

another question is "what is the cpu temperature" .. which part of the silicon, ihs temperature?, package temperature?

10 Year Member at TPU
  11. mandelore

mandelore New Member

Thanks Received:
    UK-small Village in a Valley Near Newcastle
    yes id go with core temp, its the fastest and most accurate reading directly from the cpu diode,others read from the motherboard which interprets the diode sensor info, which can be quite a bit off