1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

A Quick in-Formal Unboxing of XFX 6870's...

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by 20mmrain, Oct 28, 2010.

1. 20mmrain

20mmrain

Thanks Received:
    The Boxes from the outside look just like any other ATI/AMD XFX Video card. It is the traditional Red and black coloring you get from XFX and AMD/ATI.
    [​IMG]

The box inside was very sturdy and felt fairly heavy indicating that the cards are very decently packed.
    [​IMG]

I was kind of upset to see that besides the extra money you spend getting the XFX version of the 6870. There wasn't anything extra special or exciting (Except the card) inside. What you get is a specail promo for XFX Power supplies... Driver Disk.... Do Not disturber Door Knob hanger... instruction booklet....and Crossfire Bridge.
    I would guess the extra price does buy you something the other brands don't have though. A Duel Life Time Transferable Warranty! So depending on how you look at it... the extra money might be worth it.

[​IMG]

The card it's self like mentioned before is well protected in side XFX's Packaging. If a card were to arrive defective I doubt it would be from damage.

I would also like to add that these cards are exactly 9 3/4 inches. So they are not as big as the 5870. They are closer to the size of a GTX 470 or 5850. None the less it is still pretty long. So if you have tight spaces in your case... I would measure first.

[​IMG]

Last and finally if you wonder how they look inside a case all hooked up (please excuse my dusty case right now. I promise before my review I will dust my case out) ..... Here is a pic of them in Crossfire.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. theonedub

theonedub habe fidem

Thanks Received:
    Lookin' good :cool:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. HXL492

HXL492

Thanks Received:
    Nice work
    But can't you also unbox the other one? :rolleyes:
  4. 20mmrain

20mmrain

Thanks Received:
    Sure I already did and I have more pics..... I just am waiting to get everything loaded to do a full report on them.
    HXL492 says thanks.
  5. alexsubri

alexsubri New Member

Thanks Received:
    Very nice and congratulations! I plan on doing the same you just did in the forum when I purchase my 6970 xfire or one 6990 ...We'll find out come Nov 20th, hopefully there will be news leaks like the 6850 and 6870 line up
  6. casual swift

casual swift New Member

Thanks Received:
    Cool man... I'd like to see more unboxings around here. Good pics.
  7. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    It has to be said, these do look good in crossfire XD

If two 5970s in crossfire don't equal at-least 3 theoretical 5870s in crossfire, I might just get two 6870s :D
  8. bear jesus

bear jesus New Member

Thanks Received:
    They look beautiful :D as do mine :p but i admit if the xfx cards were in stock i so would have taken them over the sapphire cards i got.

Although i'm having some problems with eyefinty :cry: