1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

A Single Card in DFI LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by Dedodido, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Dedodido New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've decided to push the boat out slightly and go for the DFI LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D as my new motherboard, due to it's overclocking capabilities, but I'm only planning on getting a single graphics card. Is it possible to use a single card in it even though it has slits for two, and comes supplied with an SLi connector?
  2. gR3iF

gR3iF New Member

Thanks Received:
    iam not sure about the sli connector bridge but u can use a single ati or nvidia card in this board without any problems just make sure you have put it in the master slot of your board^^
  3. Dedodido New Member

Thanks Received:
    thanks for the help :)

Should be fine then, when I have the money I'll get another and run them both, should be pretyty decent.

But that raises the question, would I be able to run two ATI cards in it? it doesn't actually specify that it's only for SLi, so I'm guessing I can.
  4. gR3iF

gR3iF New Member

Thanks Received:
    you can run 2 ati cards to expand your desktop to higher resolutions, but they wont render togheter they will only work in single mode without crf
  5. _33

_33 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm using that DFI board. But I have to warn you that you might later think it's a big mistake to choose the Ultra-D instead of the newer ones from DFI. For dual display, a single card can do that at very high resolutions.
  6. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    What I've seen about the place, the old school DFI NF4 boards are generally better than the new gen NF4 boards in varying factors. I know I wouldnt trade up my SLI-D for a Expert or Venus, thats for damn sure.
  7. gR3iF

gR3iF New Member

Thanks Received:
    ^^ :D
    but the questions are answered i guess^^