1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

A thread I posted was removed

Discussion in 'Comments & Feedback' started by dlf, Apr 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dlf New Member

Thanks Received:
    I posted a question thread in Network/Security forum a hour ago, might I inquire as to why it was deleted? I was wondering (in the thread) why and how competing for bandwidth would make one system have good download speed and the other system have good upload. :wtf:
  2. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    It apprears that the thread was removed because you were asking for help to download files that are copy protected, and thus illegally being downloaded.
    This is not allowed here at TPU.
    If the thread was removed in error (you were downloading from a legit source) then contact one of the moderators via PM for resolution to the problem.

Thanks, dlf.
    MT Alex says thanks.
  3. dlf New Member

Thanks Received:
    No no no. I was saying I was downloading something (not asking) and asking why one system got good download while the other got good upload.
  4. Black Panther

Black Panther Senior Moderatorâ„¢ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    As Kreij rightly stated, the movie you mentioned in your thread that you were downloading via utorrent is copy-protected.

We can't help you with why that copy-protected torrent is downloading faster on one system and not on another, sorry.
    MT Alex says thanks.
  5. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The issue was relayed to dlf. If it ever so happens that a thread gets closed/removed, PM a moderator in that section as to why. Sometimes a moderator may contact you as to why.

Thank you.
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2012