1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ABIT AN8 32X problems

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by racer3112, Sep 5, 2007.

1. racer3112 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hy guys

I am having problems with my abit an8 32x motherboard, i just bought an asus drw-1814bl dvd RW and put it in my computer...i also wanted to install vista ultimate edition and that's where the problems started...when i put the dvd inside the dvd player it boots in bios but when it comes to installing vista the instalation says: please insert a cd/dvd/mem stick with DVD player driver...there is no such thing like a driver for that...so i went from vista to xp pro,installed it without any problems, got the service pack 2 and then,problems again..when i put a cd or dvd inside the player it just wont open it or freeze's...i took the dvd player back to the store,we tried it there and it works fine...at home i tried 2 other dvd players (all made by asus) and they dont work...i tried flashing bios, updated the dvd firmware and it still doesn't work...does anybody have any idea what to do ? i'm starting to freak out :banghead::banghead:

2. racer3112 New Member

Thanks Received:
    all the cables are also ok and the power supply is ok

3. Namslas90 New Member

Thanks Received:
  4. AthlonX2

AthlonX2 HyperVtXâ„¢

Thanks Received:
    ASUS DVD drives suck ask tski

5. racer3112 New Member

Thanks Received:
    jumpers are ok, i'll check the settings in bios today after work and then check in again

6. racer3112 New Member

Thanks Received:
    BIOS is also fine but my comp still isn't working......i tried switching my dvd player with a friend,he gave me his pioneer dvd and it isn't working in my machine