• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

About building my own PC

System Name Red Radiance l under construction
Processor 5800x
Motherboard x470 taichi
Cooling stock wrath
Memory TridentZ Neo rgb 3600mhz (2x8 kit)
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vega 64 nitro+
Storage 970 evo nvme
Display(s) lc27g75tq
Case tt core x5 tge
Audio Device(s) sennheiser's pc323d usb soundcard
Power Supply corsair AX860i
Mouse roccat burst pro
Keyboard roccat ryos mk fx
Software windows 10
Thanks Jcgeny for all these very usefull informations, and thanks for the config ne6togadno you are the third person who give me the same exact config, this config seems to be great ! (exept the fact that 1T i enought for me, so i can save a bit of money here)

Last edited:
System Name Red Radiance l under construction
Processor 5800x
Motherboard x470 taichi
Cooling stock wrath
Memory TridentZ Neo rgb 3600mhz (2x8 kit)
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vega 64 nitro+
Storage 970 evo nvme
Display(s) lc27g75tq
Case tt core x5 tge
Audio Device(s) sennheiser's pc323d usb soundcard
Power Supply corsair AX860i
Mouse roccat burst pro
Keyboard roccat ryos mk fx
Software windows 10
Thanks Jcgeny for all these very usefull informations, and thanks for the config ne6togadno you are the third person who give me the same exact config, this config seems to be great ! (exept the fact that 1T i enought for me, so i can save a bit of money here)
my config is not exactly the same.
i use 8320 instead of 8350 and with saved money i get 990 mb and 650W psu (for about 920$ you can get 750W but you will need it if you plan to use cf/sli). also my ram is 2133 instead of 1600.
difference between 1tb and 2tb is about 20$ so you can trade 1tb from hdd for 100W on psu and total still will be just below 900$ http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/2XBEX
later you can add to this system 120-128gb ssd or os, cpu cooler and oc cpu, change vga with something better, and get 8gb more ram. everything else will be very good for quite long time.

I think i will go for this, I dont know anything about crossfire/sli but i think 650w would be more than enough for starting, so i can put saved money in other things or 750w is really worth it ?
And its ok if i dont overclock my cpu ? Im not a big fan of overclocking, i read a lot of things about this but in the other hand I never tried it…Later i will buy a cpu cooler first then a SSD, I heard that a cpu cooler is almost mandatory for a gaming setup nowadays, thanks a lot for your time ne6togadno !

Last edited:
you should buy an ups : a batterie that protect your psu and give power to it
if you want a 860w psu , you need a 1500va ups or higher in case you will plug the modem-router and display

http://www.amazon.ca/APC-BR1500G-BA...pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1393055762&sr=1-5&keywords=ups

recent psu that are top level like the corsair 860i ax have 7 years warranty...
having two graphic cards is a real boost for game , if you plan to play a lot ...
some hard gamer even has a third one : a nvidia dedicated to physx .

for the mainboard , take the killer , Fatality is a gamer known like Stallone , the M2 slot is for a ssd : same as a hdrive but 100x faster , you will like that in 6 or 10 months and install windows on it keeping the old drive for files
for the case , search some reviews , i like zalman and one is cheaper at 50 $ : http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/zalman-case-z5
for the ram take 16 Go
for the video , you should try a r260x that is $ 80 cheaper than the 270 : http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-video-card-r7260xdc2oc2gd5
and later buy a second for crossfirex

Well at the moment thats my setup :

Intel Core 2 Duo E7600 3.07 GHz
ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5QPL-AM Rev X.0x
4 Go DDR2
Radeon HD 5770

And with this i play around 10-12h/day since about 2 years now, i manage to lower the settings in games files as hard as i can but now its over, i cant play anything else than old games, i love old games but i really want to enjoy games like starbound/the witcher/battlefield maybe titanfall soon.
So crossfire/sli is maybe a great thing but for know i think i'll start with this config and maybe in 1 years, after buying pcu cooler/SSD/second screen/upgrade some little things, i will start thinking about crossfire/sli.
Crossfire/sli is for very high budget, i cant afford that for now.

For the motherboard, if i save 20$ from the psu (750w->650w) i can replace the gigabyte with the Fatal1ty one, if it really worth it...

(So many questions, sorry guys, thanks for your patience)

Last edited: