1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

About this very dramatic situation with Alec§taar and Newtekie1

Discussion in 'Comments & Feedback' started by zekrahminator, Mar 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zekrahminator

zekrahminator McLovin

Thanks Received:
    The staff and I (your new supermod :rockout:) have just had a HUGE meeting. All because of, you guessed it, the recent crap going on with Alec§taar and Newtekie1. For all of you who don't know, Alec§taar (APK) declared that Newtekie1 had given APK abuse via PM's. APK then completely "flew off the handle", and proceeded to threaten to kill Newtekie1 if he ever found him. Thermoplyae gave APK a small infraction, removing his posting rights.

This is where things got out of hand.

APK then proceeded to make 5 new accounts, all along the premise of "I will kill that little liar Newtekie1". Wazzledoozle cleaned those posts/accounts, and Djbbenn gave APK a permaban. A day later, on suspicion of sending that rotten PM, Newtekie1 was banned from TPU.

Fast forward to now. We did a search of all of Newtekie1's and Alec§taar's PM's. There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING from Newtekie1 recently, and nothing that insults Alec§taar. Alec§taar literally flipped his lid when Newtekie1 defended the F&H club. There is nothing more to it, really. Newtekie1 has been unbanned from TPU, with a letter of apology sent. The PM logs that you may have seen posted by Ashensugar refer to Newtekie being proud of only getting 5 infraction points. In reality, he is referring to Newtekie1's little attempt to defend himself from APK's somewhat childish onslaught.

We are considering ban amnesty for all users who were affected by this drama, including Alec§taar, Newtekie1, and AthlonX2. Please bear with us as we revise TPU rules so that a mess of this magnitude cannot happen again.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2007
  2. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    this is a one time exception .. if you can't behave you will be gone again ..

3. KennyT772

KennyT772 New Member

Thanks Received:
    is the original argument deleted from the F@H thread? i would really like to read what went on.

4. zekrahminator

zekrahminator McLovin

Thanks Received:
    I think that the original posters would really like to have that argument deleted and just move on with their digital lives.

5. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    Yes we should forget about the whole messed up ordeal. I can't say what happened, but it lead to a lot of havoc today.

6. KennyT772

KennyT772 New Member

Thanks Received:
    hmm i guess.

back to modding i guess.

7. Sh00t1st

Sh00t1st New Member

Thanks Received:
    see guys, think about how many posts alec made here and how much time he put into it, i can see how someone would get worked up as all hell, luckily i was raised by a crazy hippy lady and learned that hate isnt the answer. its just like video games, i dont think many of you can tell me you've never thought about killing someone who you thought was hacking or was just plane kicking your butt at the game or wished they would go the bleep away and leave you the bleep alone , i think we all need to step back some and look at this from both their perspectives.

:rockout:

8. Sh00t1st

Sh00t1st New Member

Thanks Received:
    wish people didnt fly off the handle like that tho, especialy when they seem to be realy intelligent and know what their talking about.

9. Taz100420

Taz100420

Thanks Received:
    "Fighting on the Internet is like competeing in the Special Olympics, win or lose, you're still retarded."

If someone flames me, I just dust it off my shoulder.

Ya know that should be TPUs slogan LOL

10. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Actually I would have preferred that it stay since I did nothing I am ashamed of and it would serve as an example to other users that you can make death threats, bash/insult mods, and threaten the site and be welcomed to come back and do it agian. My posts would also make a great example of what to say to be told "TPU doesn't want you here".

Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  11. randomperson21

randomperson21 New Member

Thanks Received:
    hold on... what did athlonx2 have to do with this? i never knew he was involved.....

12. strick94u

strick94u New Member

Thanks Received:
    It's the internet :roll:

13. theonetruewill New Member

Thanks Received:
    London - Close your eyes and you'll see me
    Now thats good moderating.

I will obey and serve the all powerful supermod :respect:

14. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    I think it should all be deleted and all follow up threads on the same matter should be closed. This is incredibly ridiculous and looks really bad for us all. Imagine what someone new might be thinking when they come across stuff like this... Beyond that, ITS ****IN ANNOYING to have to flip through 2 pages of crap about this subject. It's done its over, drop it!

15. newtekie1

Thanks Received:
    You heard it here first folk, THEY WILL BAN YOU FOR LIFE BASED ON NOTHING MORE THAN SUSPICION.

16. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Thanks Received:
    get

a

life

you like to take things overboard... I thought you said you werent going to come back or somthing.. yet your still here.

all I got to say going to sleep. The problem was resolved now your just making people dislike you even if you were not at fault.

Take some time off, to cool off. sleeps.

17. newtekie1

Thanks Received:
    Judging by your little "Twat" comment it doesn't matter if I was at fault or not, you mind about me is already made up. I might be taking things overboard at this point, and I don't really care if poeple don't like me, I am leaving the forums. I want to prove a point. The Administration will not only welcome the insane person making death threats back to the site but they will ASK him to come back, and screw over the decent users of this forum in the process.

18. wazzledoozle

wazzledoozle New Member

Thanks Received:
    We didnt screw over anybody, you were given a 15 point infraction (removal of posting rights) for around a day while we worked everything out. Stop acting like we castrated you or something; or if you feel we really did, then get the **** out. (Like you keep saying you are going to)