1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

About to Pull the trigger...Plz Help

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by SilverSRT4turbo, Feb 6, 2010.

1. TIGR

Thanks Received:
    I didn't read all the way through the thread before lol, just saw you're looking for a keyboard and mouse:

Saitek Eclipse keyboard
    Logitech MX518 mouse

There may well be better keyboard options out there, it's just what I use. The MX518 mouse has got to be one of the best for the money though. Don't forget the mousepad, which isn't all hype—it can make a difference in games requiring precise control (like first person shooters). I use an XTrac Pro HS mousepad with my MX518. Overall, a very smooth, consistent, reliable, gaming experience. :rockout:
    SilverSRT4turbo says thanks.
  2. xrealm20

xrealm20 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Good choice in hardware -- I was considering the exact same setup before I purchased my new rig. I'm sure you will be very happy with how the new PhII processors perform. I've built several for customers and I've been very pleased. 'Grats on a kickass rig.
  3. SilverSRT4turbo

SilverSRT4turbo New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks again for all the responses. :toast:

Seems like im a claw grip so I'll have to check out some of the stuff you guys suggested. Again, im just happy Ill have something that I can actually game on again. The last PC game I tried running was the original BF2 because all My friends had gotten gaming rigs at the time. It ran something like 20 FPS with with textures that made it look like I was playing starfox on SNES.

Im in the process of talking my friend into upgrading his PC (its a quad core Pentium, but his RAM and GPU are lacking) & join me in the fun but he's a diehard console guy. :slap:
  4. department76

department76 New Member

Thanks Received:
  5. DirectorC

DirectorC New Member

Thanks Received:
    Still, if you read them, they don't lie. The i5 @ 2.66 runs with the PII @ 3.4 and overclocking either processor doesn't dynamically expand its power by more than the other, does it? In fact, if anything, the i5 may show the highest dynamic gain from overclocking, as it even says peace out to an i7 at the same overclock.

But in the end, you won't notice it doing anything besides encoding and other processor-intensive activities. You bought a monster video card which will eat up everything you throw at it, and the PII will be no more bottleneck than the i5.