1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Acer Travelmate 5720 Inverter or bulb?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by bettz, Oct 22, 2011.

1. bettz New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi,I'm having trouble with my laptop again i replaced the inverter about a year ago and its been working fine for the past 10 months.I've noticed the screens been flickering on & off and today i've no backlight.I can see windows in the background if i hold a torch up close.

Thinking it was the inverter i went ahead and replaced it but its still the same.If i press Fn + F6 the screen will come on for a second then go off its also making a strange noise when it comes on.

I've tested the inverter works by connecting my dads laptop to the acer and the screen lights up fine.Would this just mean the bulb needs replacing on my Acer?

Would this do the trick?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CCFL-Backlight-Acer-15-4-LCD-Screen-/250858811059?pt=UK_Computing_LaptopAccess_RL&hash=item3a6859aeb3#ht_1376wt_1183
  2. bettz New Member

Thanks Received:
    Update after taking apart the lcd screen and pulling out the bulb i noticed 1 end was burned bad.Ordered another bulb