• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Acer XR341CK

System Name Buffyvpsfan
Processor i7 5820k oc 4.3ghz
Motherboard MSI gaming 7 X99
Cooling NZXT H41 single radiator
Memory 16gb ddr4
Video Card(s) asus gtx 970 4gb GDDR5
Storage samsung evo 840 120gb ssd, 1 tb HDD
Display(s) Acer XR341CK
Case NZXT h440 red
Power Supply 1200 crosair
i just bought the ACER XR341CK 21:9 monitor, and i am having display issues with it. some games don't display full screen at all, some games max out the resolution at 2560 x 1440p and im stuck with huge black borders on the right and left side. other cut image out of the bottom portion of the screen so your left with a missing image(metal gear solid 5 gz). i heard updating to windows 10 had better widescreen support but so far some games have it. im using a nvidia gpu gtx 970 strix with display port. the crazy thing is battfield series, dead space 1, 2 and a good majority of games work with widescreen right now(COD). any blizzard game out now (diablo 3, hots, starcraft 2) i can max out at 2560 x 1440p and have black bars on the right and left. i might be repeating myself at this point but its getting annoy seeing gz half of the bottom screen missing. i updated the vbios which was suppose to fix this but did nothing. i am at lost end of how to get. downloaded a widescreen support app but wont help at all with some games. really could use your help guys, i cant be the only having issues with ultrawide screens here....