1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Acronis True Image

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Morrison5891, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Morrison5891

Morrison5891 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i'm in the process of building a new PC. What I would like to do is this:

Install my Vista 64-bit with all the software I use, tweaks, drivers, etc ... and make an image of the new system before I start actually using the computer. My question is this:

When the time comes and I have to restore the image, can I boot with the image disk that I created? I remember norton ghost you could do this. Or will I need to reinstall Vista and Acronis then restore?

any help would be great!

Thank You!

2. Tau

Tau New Member

Thanks Received:
    I havent used Acronis that way before, i usually just boot to their True image Workstation disc that i have then load the image from across the network... After you make the discs see if you can boot to them... lol

3. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    I don't know if you can boot directly from the image disc. However, there is a bootable media creator built into Acronis. So worst case, you can just boot off the bootable Acronis CD, then load the image off whatever media you have it stored on.

Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  4. r9

r9

Thanks Received:
    I have used acronis only from bootable Hirens Disk and I point to the image of the partition/disk.

5. Morrison5891

Morrison5891 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well... as long as I can create a boot cd from within Acronis then just point to the image file on another cd, that's good enough.

Thanks everyone for your input!

6. jjnissanpatfan

jjnissanpatfan

Thanks Received:
    I used it when i built my last computer with 64bit vista,booted first time off the image no problems what so ever!