1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Activision not counting on Diablo III in 2011

Discussion in 'Games' started by horik, Feb 10, 2011.

1. horik

horik

Thanks Received:
  2. Nailezs

Thanks Received:
    well that sucks, im looking forward to d3. does the sc2 zerg expansion not count as a major release? i thought that was being released this year...
  3. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    Heart of the Swarm won't be out until 2012 and yes, it counts as a major release.

Diablo III should be out this year, but ActiBlizz is just covering their asses with investors saying that there will be 2 releases from Blizzard Entertainment next year if there isn't one this year.
  4. dir_d

dir_d

Thanks Received:
    dungeon siege 3 here i come then.
  5. Nailezs

Thanks Received:
    wtf? a 2 year delay? if we assume there is anoyher 2 year delay for the protoss campaign, then each expansion better have some MAJOR improvements and not nbe the same old game for 4 years.

now dont get me wrong, i LOVED what they did with the campaign system, with such a long time between expansions though i do expect some improvement and change.
  6. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Better polished than early. I don't mind them not releasing Heart of the Swarm at all, so long as they keep on bringing new maps to the ladder and also continue to balance the game. Heard they said that HotS is going to be priced as an expansion.
  7. Hybrid_theory

Hybrid_theory New Member

Thanks Received:
    Devs said roughly 18 months for heart of the swarm after SC2 released. So early 2012. But it could release this year, yah never know.

Also didnt know tony hawk got canned along with guitar hero. Frankly it deserved it even a bit more than guitar hero.
  8. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I can just hear the CFO and COO at Activision gnashing their teeth because they can't make Blizzard hurry things up to appease the shareholders. :laugh:

I'm looking forward to D3, but I would rather have a Blizzard ready game than an Activision ready game, if you get my drift.