1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ADATA HM Series 650 W

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by crmaris, Jul 24, 2011.

1. crmaris

crmaris Reviewer

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
    Rivage, erixx and v12dock say thanks.
  2. v12dock

v12dock

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the review! ADATA keeps pushing out quality products, i'm anxious to try one.

3. Dreadnought33

Dreadnought33 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Very good review!

4. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    Excellent job, great photos and analysis. Adata clearly wants to keep its reputation.

5. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    actually impressed with the OEM and the specs here. Very nice job ADATA

6. Hotobu

Hotobu New Member

Thanks Received:
    The problem with this is ADATA's name. I can't imagine a PSU novice wanting to buy from a company with "data" in it.

7. Strider

Strider

Thanks Received:
    A novice should be asking for advice. A-Data is a world leader and fantastic company. Any reputable builder or enthusiast should know this.

Besides, if they keep the product quality high, it will be recognized by more and more reviewers and builders. The reputation will "trickle down".

8. Hotobu

Hotobu New Member

Thanks Received:
    Pft. If everyone in the world did what they "should be" doing then the world would be a very different place. Furthermore I'm pretty sure that anyone who's given advice on systems on forums like these knows that the PSU is where people tend to skimp out anyway. I can imagine lots of people overlooking this brand of PSU because it sounds cheap, or sounds like a knockoff. There's a reason why parent companies have branches and divisions that don't share that name and it isn't always because they bought out the smaller company. It's to brand a product. "Adata power" sounds weird.

9. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    so you rather buy a power supply from a pirate sailor ? i thought water and power don't mix

10. Hotobu

Hotobu New Member

Thanks Received:
    Not the same thing. You're being intellectually obtuse and you know it. Pirates, boats or whatever are just logos. Consumers like to compartmentalize things. Data is one aspect of a computer, and power is another. Logic dictates that a company delving into both forays is fine, but anyone who's worked with the public knows that consumers are anything but logical.

11. Strider

Strider

Thanks Received:
    Heh. I think you're over analyzing, but I will bite.

I do not believe their name will harm their sales at all. It's quite simple. I have been building systems for the better part of 20 years. I made a business out of it. I know the A-Data name is a good and trusted one.

There are countless other builders and reviewers out there like me, you're probably one of them yourself, that also know the brand.

"People" who do not know this will almost always look as other reviews and opinions on the item before they buy it. If the good reviews are there, the price is right, the units will sell themselves.

12. dirtyferret

dirtyferret New Member

Thanks Received:
    corsair is using this new platform for their TX-XXX-M series PSU like the TX650m

13. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    I kinda like the design on the back, even though it has less airflow, I like having a power port that doesn't flex.