1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Adobe Illustrator Saving

Discussion in 'General Software' started by 1Kurgan1, Sep 14, 2009.

1. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Wondering how I can save something in a sort of package, so I can open it on another computer. Since not all comps have the same fonts and such, I know there is a way to do it, but I can't figure it out, btw using Windows version of CS3.

2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Assuming the other computer has Illustrator, save it as an Illustrator file extension.

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  3. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, it does, just doing some college work at home. But saving it as the AI extension saves the basic files (everything I have drawn and all the words on there). But when I get to college if they don't have the fonts on their computers that I do then it switches the fonts, and sometimes it's hard to find one that fits as well as the ones I have here.

4. 95Viper

95Viper

Thanks Received:
  5. JTdc2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've been working with Adobe ( Creative Suite 4) and used to run into the same thing switching back and forth between different versions at my apartment and in the school labs.

If it's just a one-time project, you may be alright switching between versions. But if you're taking a semester-long class where you'll be learning on Illustrator or any of the other software in the suite, it'll make sense to pick up the most current edition - especially since you're a student and can get it at a pretty substantial discount.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  6. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    You need some type of pre-flight app/plug-in which collects the fonts and such...