1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Advanced Voltage Options Z77X-UD5H

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Jack1n, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Jack1n

Thanks Received:
    I would like to know if there is a way to set a voltage limit to the cpu when voltage is set to auto,i would like to leave it at auto for power efficency on my 24/7 OC,but the motherboard seems to give the cpu more voltage than it needs so is there a way to set a voltage limit or perhaps set the cpu power states manually?
  2. Jack1n

Thanks Received:
    Wow no one... guess ill look else where.
  3. drdeathx

drdeathx New Member

Thanks Received:
    Maybe list the board and that will help
  4. EarthDog

EarthDog

Thanks Received:
    Board is listed in the title of the thread and the sub title in the first post. ;)

I would set the voltage manually and leave your power saving options on. That will throttle the CPU speed and voltage by the load. Quite simple. In fact, leaving it on auto tends to add more voltage than you need for a set (over)clock as it lays on the side of stability (as you mentioned). ;)
  5. Jack1n

Thanks Received:
    True when i leave it it on auto does overvolt like hell,but when i set it manually even with the all the power savings options enabled it wont throttle down on idle,only the cpu frequency does.
  6. Jack1n

Thanks Received:
    Well to answer my own question and to help any one else having the same problem i went into 3d power control under voltage settings and set pwm phase control to eXm Pref,vcore voltage response to fast and cpu loadline calibration to normal/standard(both options give me the same thing),it lowered my voltage while running aida64 benchmark from 1.44 to 1.38,also i was able to bump the cpu to 4.5ghz under auto settings with the same voltages,will try 4.6/4.7.
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2012