1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Advice on watercooling loop

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by t_ski, Dec 1, 2008.

1. t_ski

t_ski Former Staff

Thanks Received:
    It's looking more and more like I am going to have to install my watercooling in the rig again in order to cool it down to where I want to. System components will include:

EK Supreme CPU block
    EK S-Max NB block
    2 x Koolance Mosfet blocks
    Swiftech MCR-320-QP radiator
    Danger Den D5 pump
    Swiftech MC-Res Micro reservior

Right now I am designing the loop to try to minimize runs and maximize flow. Included below is a basic mock-up of the loop. The main things I am looking for opnions on are the flow of the loop and the placement of the reservior. Let me know what you think.

Attached Files:

Crunching for Team TPU
  2. wolf

wolf Performance Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    do the voltage regs really need to be water cooled? i'd say that cpu then nb is quite enough with decent airflow over the vregs.

however i do like the placement and flow of the loop, having said that ive only done 4 or 5 w/c setups, and only starting recently, so im not really a guru yet.
  3. thirdshiftdj

thirdshiftdj New Member

Thanks Received:
    he's only got the NB and Cpu that are giving off good heat. I don't see the need for two separate loops. I would probably go res,pump, rad then to cpu and nb
  4. t_ski

t_ski Former Staff

Thanks Received:
    If I was going to add the 4870X2's into the mix, then I'd go with two loops w/2 rads and pumps. Otherwise, IDK if it's worth the extra $$$ and effort.

Do you guys think the mosfets would be alright air-cooled? Trouble is, if I take the NB heatsink off, most of the other stuff comes with it. I'm probably going to have to work something out tom reuse the SB heatsink anyway. Maybe I can find some nice Enzotech heatsinks that will work for the mosfets...
    Crunching for Team TPU