1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Age of Conan: Rise of the Godslayer

Discussion in 'Games' started by 1Kurgan1, May 9, 2010.

1. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Anyone looking at this, as a new player or returning to play it again? Me and Marineborn just got antsy and resubbed for 5 months each, hopefully some of you are playing also, game was great before, this should fill in the leveling even better.

2. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    how is this game? im itching to get back into an mmo

3. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I loved it at release, but ran out of leveling content, I know theres a ton of leveling content now, so looks good, and the graphics are still awesome.

4. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    Hmmm. I tried it when it was originally released, but went back to WoW after leaving the starting zone. I never thought of playing it again. I might give it a shot again someday.

5. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Let me know Dann, the starting Zone is one of the best starting zones in any mmo out there, but looks like the rest of the game has a lot more added to it now.

6. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    the game was nice before it got 100% neutered and censored losing all of the Conan flavor that made the game different becoming generic with normal maps lol

7. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    What? I wanted to test that, and I am staring at the sweet rack of a level 1 female character I made right now, there is no censoring. Either way, tits or gtfo doesn't apply to making a good game :laugh:

8. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    i dunno, ive heard too many bad things and too few good things. but only working part time right now at the base, i have alot of free time on my hands... so i need an mmo

9. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    The bad things are 2 year old things. The game is much improved, there is lots of content, classes are better, only issues yet is DX10 can work on some systems, not others, kinda seems random, but DX9 looks great. If your skeptical, just get the free trial and give it a shot again.

10. Marineborn

Marineborn New Member

Thanks Received:
    TRUE DAT!!! put up or shut up

11. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    I'm thinking about trying it out when (if) I get together a system that can play it..

12. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    You could play it with that..... :laugh:

13. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    Heh, I can hardly play the homepage of the game. :laugh:

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  14. Marineborn

Marineborn New Member

Thanks Received:
    lol@frick ..dont feel bad i can hardly play it, HAHAHAHAH

15. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    well excuse me for liking tits lol i do distinctly remember all the NPCs were censored and covered up ;) i also remember the community getting fairly pissed off about it

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=41382&page=2

so take it or leave it im not happy when a games marketed at me in a certain way and then while i play they remove everything they marketed now if they undid the censoring i might play again., but last i checked they nerfed the NPC nudity quite heavily and a nude avatar will die pretty quickly in a fight lol id rather see a few fun bags in the game world while my character kills stuff preferably :toast:

im not trying to thread crap just saying when i played the game they removed alot of content in the begining where i felt like i was swindled after there marketing campaign. If its back to the way it was let me know as the game had a good lore and i do agree the begining area was extremely well done

also i agree tits or gtfo dosent make a good game but a bit of eye candy now and then is always nice haha

16. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I played the game at launch, and I honestly remember very little boobs, I played in the beta also, and I really don't remember any other content being removed or changed.

17. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    well i know there originally was an armor that let female characters bare there chests but it was quietly removed from the game completely the only armor to allow said act and only if the player wished it but it was removed with no reason present by the developer among other things it aggrevated alot of players. If those armors are back and other issues are fixed i might join in ill have to wade through the forums over there and see if the items and stuff in question has been put back in game :toast: like i said kurgan not trying to thread crap AoC was a damn good game i just didnt play the game cause i wanted to be nannied on what i can and cant see i paid for a mature game not a mature that becomes T game cause parents got angry lol

18. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Interesting, I don't ever remember any armor that showed cleavage, or really any NPC's. I do understand what your saying, but I'm just saying, if you are looking to see boobs everywhere, it isn't even possible in any other mmo. And if your contemplating aoc, you most likely contemplating playing an mmo again, not contemplating on what game shows you the most boobs.

I honestly would rather see the fatalities though, they look great. Got to play a bit this morning, starting to get the feel back.

19. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    yea i know like i said AOC was a good game but NPC nudity was included there were arenas that could be entered with crowds of naked women to cheer you on or some such lol nothing makes you want to kick ass more then a pair of bouncing goodness :toast:

that said i just dont like supporting a company that gives us 1 thing then removes it and hands us another its like ordering a Triple whopper but they give you a bic mac :roll:

eitherway fatalities were always a nice touch i do miss those it brings back those feelings of when i was a kid playing Mortal Kombat for the first time haha

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  20. Flak

Thanks Received:
    AoC was fun at the beginning, but then they started making the sweeping class changes and the ninja nerfs with like every patch. Pretty much killed the game for me, left a sour taste in my mouth and I just started playing less and less then stopped all together. Ever so often I keep trying to come back but the servers just seem so vacant, the last time I came back for that 14 day welcome back trial and in 14 days and hours of playing I only ran into 10 actual players. Though it did seem like most of the bugs have been worked out in the year or so, DX10 still was a no go for me.....

21. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    gonna try this "unlimited" trial. what server?

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  22. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Me and Marine are on Set, my mains name is Victorkruger, but not sure when I will be on him, might make a lowbie. So let me know your name and I'll add you to my list.

I know what you mean, the pop is a bit low now, but thats ok by me. There are people around, more are returning, and more will for the xpac. The game came out 2 years ago, it had flaws, but those are mostly the past, just need ot think past it. DX10 like I said is still hit or miss, but the game looks better than any other MMO even in DX9, if you decide to start back up, let us know!

23. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    will problly b Shibdib

24. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Alright, I will add you onto the friends list

25. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:
    Ya but Kurgan, IT'S THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN. So you got some more quests to do, and a few more dungeons to crawl, but the end result is the same ; in a week or two you've seen the new content and you're back to ;yawn; raids with their demented drop / loot mechanics and boring / lack of strategy.

I don't know man, I think you're just putting yourself through the ringer for nothing.
    You just need to let goooooo :)

And remember, these are the people that thought "Since we already jacked so many concepts from previous MMOs, let's try another one with the 'veteran' rewards, where we give in game items to the loyal and partially deranged fanatics who continue to play our dying game. Let's see, what should we give them? Oh wait, I got it! What's the best thing about Age of Conan?; the thing that got everybody buzzing - made all the fourteen year olds beg their parents for their credit card? ;raises eyebrow; that's right, the boobies! Let's give our veteran patrons, the option to increase their virtual character's bust size! They'll now be able to make their breasts even bigger than before (which truthfully are already massive and unrealistic, but hey, Conan don't like no flat bitches!) and in doing so, they can have contests, to see who can knock themselves out first."

Seriously...and you want to pay these people even more?