1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Age of Conan: Rise of the Godslayer

Discussion in 'Games' started by 1Kurgan1, May 9, 2010.

1. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Most likely, I took a few more screens, here they are.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    Crazy is correct. They did take the boobs away shortly after release. Then some boobs made it back later. There was an outcry from parents about it at release and thats why the Devs got rid of some shit. Did they put it all back? Hell if I know, I made it to L50 something and quit.

3. Flak

Thanks Received:
    The game came out with a Mature rating for a reason. Ohh well, seems the carebears always win in the US of A.

4. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Theres boobs, dont make me take screensohots and post them so they can quickly get taken down. Either way, looking for people who want to play the game, and boobs being a deciding factor means that person really isn't looking to play the game. Enough boob talk.

5. Flak

Thanks Received:
    My comment was more of a generalization, not a bash on funcom. Mommy and Daddy buy kiddie a game, totally ignoring the rating then whining when the game lives up to said rating. I'm going to be playing, as soon as I can get the expansion purchase ok'd by the devil (yes, I refer to my wife as the devil).

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  6. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Awesome, let me know when you fire it up, my fiance just activated her account also.

7. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    What server do you play on?

8. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I play on Set, my Demos name is Yawgamoth, I got a ToS, but need to change his name, and also my Conqs name is victorkruger.

9. Flak

Thanks Received:
    PoM's any good anymore? I quite way back when the first major PoM nerf (out of all the classes I played PoM and Barb were my favs) came down when it should have been a ToS nerf ;)

10. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    My main is on set as well. A ToS. I've thought of getting back in to see how it has changed but I don't think I will.

11. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    ToS nerf happened pretty quickly, and it got over nerfed and even after the nerf people still said it needed a nerf, got really annoying so I quit my ToS.

12. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:
    The conversation we had a long time ago, had you in the one hand openly admitting frustrations with the game, but then in other, you held onto this glimmer of hope that since you took your first 'break,'(seems to be a trend) that it had gotten better.

And here you are doing it again.

A lot of people go through that regiment with MMOs, don't you ever stop and wonder why? Obviously they run out of content, but if the current content and gameplay was good enough, then why would they have to rely on content releases to interest people?

Point is that if we're going to talk about it, and suggest, recommend or invite others, then at least paint them a picture that's more comprehensive.

It's doing them a favor, and it might - just might, eventually seep into your head, and do yourself a favor.

I'm pretty aggressive about MMOs. I figure if you're going to waste your hours away on one, at least pick one that's half-worthy.

Forgive my passion for trying to point out the flaw in MMO players' logic (or rather anti-logic).

And yes, Tempest's did get nerfed AFTER a nerf, which wasn't a big deal in PVE terms, they weren't THAT invulnerable. Rather it's another case of where you have a mixed (PVE/PVP) game, and they keep 'balancing' classes so they are PVP approvable - which comes at the cost of affecting PVE.
    But Tempests are still highly valuable as healers - particularly because Life of Set stacks with the other priests. PoM and Bear Shaman's don't (or they didn't use to).

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  13. Hockster

Hockster

Thanks Received:
    With any mixture of healers you can have 1 small HoT and 1 large HoT. Doesn't matter who casts which.

14. olithereal

olithereal New Member

Thanks Received:
    Downloading the game ATM, should be up tomorrow!

15. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    This conversation had me saying I like the game, and I still do, Theres very few things in this world that people like 100%, almost always something they don't like, a lot has been fixed here and I'm not looking to debate that, thats not what this thread is for, if your not looking to play, then don't post.

I'm not looking to raid here, I'm looking to play when I want and have some fun. This games something different, looks great, has unique classes.

You have the same issue you had before, you expected this game to be drastically different than every other MMO ever created, and the amount of differences were not enough for you to be happy. Where me on the other hand was satisfied with the changes.

I've played basically all of the MMO's out there including F2P ones, and out of them all I have enjoyed this game the most beyond WoW, and I have played WoW far too much and no longer enjoy it. If you don't feel the same, thats fine, but thats not with this discussion is for, if you read the OP, I'm looking for others that play that want to have a good time. If you want to discuss how much you hate the game, then make a different post for that.

Awesome, let me know your name and I'll toss you on the friends list.

16. Hockster

Hockster

Thanks Received:
    I just picked up the Xpac. Currently reinstalling and awaiting account activation. Funcom really fails at that. Last time I resubbed it took five hours for them to reactivate my account.

Anyway, all my characters are on Set. Give me a holler, chance are I'll be on my main trying to remember how to play. :laugh:

http://aoc.yg.com/profile?h=LCD9AmUc <--that's me.