1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

agony and xfx 6200

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by eldifra, May 14, 2006.

1. eldifra New Member

Thanks Received:
    Friends

I used to have ati 9700 pro, now I have xfx with 256 ram:banghead: :banghead: , my question is why it is very slow with progdvb (my dvb viewer program), and it does not allow overlay modes is there any tweak for this

can anybody help me.

Thanks>
  2. b1lk1

b1lk1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Not to be rude, but the 6200 is a terrible card, the 9700PRO is a faster card. I would save up and get at least a 6600 series card if I were you. Look for 6800 series cards to have some nice price drops soon as well.

Is it one of those models that has 64MB onboard memory and the rest is system shared? ALso, the onboard memory is only 64-bit if I am not mistaken. It is just a slow performer. Can you provide a link to your exact model?
  3. eldifra New Member

Thanks Received:
  4. b1lk1

b1lk1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    OK, what drivers are you using? The 81.98 drivers always worked best for my 6800 series cards so you should remove all your current video drivers and try those. As for the slow DVD playback, that card should be able to play DVD video easily. Either something is not setup correctly, or you may need to reinstall your DVD program as it may be using settings for the ATI card still. Check out the settings of the DVD program and see if it is using the 6200. As for the overlay, I can't help you there as I have no experience with that. But it sounds like a drivers/settings issue.