• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AI Topic: AlphaZero, ChatGPT, Bard, Stable Diffusion and more!

This crap just doesn't add up at all. At this point I'm just trying to make sense of everything.

How to aqcuire a very valuable company for next to nothing 101. I mean, I don't know but there's really two possible scenarios:
1- OpenAI board is super super dumb and decided to commit company suicide by overplaying their hand and giving their most valuable assets - the talent working there - away to a willing competitor.
2- Microsoft engaged in some very anti competitive, shady and unethical behaviour by negotiating special deals with OpenAI talent and the boad overreacted and made microsoft's job even easier.

Either way looks like OpenAI is finished. The special thing they had was the talent working there, the tech is not particularly special - a variation of google's transformer model that everyone else can and is replicating - and they simply have no business model to commercialize their LLM and won't be able to support the costs of running the service when Microsoft pulls out.

Processor AMD 5900x
Motherboard Asus x570 Strix-E
Cooling Hardware Labs
Memory G.Skill 4000c17 2x16gb
Video Card(s) RTX 3090
Storage Sabrent
Display(s) Samsung G9
Case Phanteks 719
Audio Device(s) Fiio K5 Pro
Power Supply EVGA 1000 P2
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Corsair K95
How to aqcuire a very valuable company for next to nothing 101. I mean, I don't know but there's really two possible scenarios:
1- OpenAI board is super super dumb and decided to commit company suicide by overplaying their hand and giving their most valuable assets - the talent working there - away to a willing competitor.
2- Microsoft engaged in some very anti competitive, shady and unethical behaviour by negotiating special deals with OpenAI talent and the boad overreacted and made microsoft's job even easier.

Either way looks like OpenAI is finished. The special thing they had was the talent working there, the tech is not particularly special - a variation of google's transformer model that everyone else can and is replicating - and they simply have no business model to commercialize their LLM and won't be able to support the costs of running the service when Microsoft pulls out.
There's something going on that feels like some power is trying to keep under wraps. Like no doubt Altman is next level douche going from help the world to max profits w/o being upfront and honest about it. The board though kind of saw this coming a mile away so I wonder or doubt that its Altman's max profit move.

And yea, then again you can't discount some next level shadiness from MS.

System Name Asus G16
Processor i9 13980HX
Motherboard Asus motherboard
Cooling 2 fans
Memory 32gb 4800mhz cl40
Video Card(s) 4080 laptop
Storage 16tb, x2 8tb SSD
Display(s) QHD+ 16:10 (2560x1600, WQXGA) 240hz
Power Supply 330w psu
The current rumor is the CEO is OpenAI fired comes from the link below.

The rumor is that the board of OpenAI feared that AI was moving faster than they thought, they feared for the future of humans. OpenAI might have a huge breakthrough in AGI, Artificial general intelligence. If true, AGI is currently doing grade school level math.
AI has issues with doing math since math requires a correct answer, different from writing.

Last edited:
System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
Remember when I was talking about how ChatGPT is fundamentally dangerous because it's designed to give you answers that you want to hear? Latest example.

Nature said:
ChatGPT generates fake data set to support scientific hypothesis

Researchers say that the model behind the chatbot fabricated a convincing bogus database, but a forensic examination shows it doesn’t pass for authentic.

The rumor is that the board of OpenAI feared that AI was moving faster than they thought, they feared for the future of humans. OpenAI might have a huge breakthrough in AGI, Artificial general intelligence. If true, AGI is currently doing grade school level math.
AI has issues with doing math since math requires a correct answer, different from writing.
Oh man, no matter how many times I see this stupid shit repeated, I never get tired of it.

Let me make something clear, these "researchers" consistently claiming "AI breakthroughs that threaten humanity" don't exist. The "sources" are PR people in the company feeding this nonsense to journalists because they know the "journalists" of today are too stupid and irresponsible to do due diligence, they'll just publish whatever random crap is thrown at them. All OpenAI care about is keeping their name in the news and this is the exact sort of press that accomplishes that, for free.

System Name Detox sleeper
Processor Intel i9-7980XE@4,5Ghz
Motherboard Asrock x299 Taichi XE (custom bios with ecc reg support, old microcode)
Cooling Custom water: Alphacool XT45 1080 + 9xArctic P12, EK-D5 pump combo, EK Velocity D-RGB block
Memory 8x16Gb Hynix DJR ECC REG 3200@4000
Video Card(s) Intel Arc A770 LE 16Gb + RTX 3080 FE 10Gb
Storage Samsung PM9A1 1Tb + PM981 512Gb + Kingston HyperX 480Gb + Samsung Evo 860 500Gb
Display(s) HP ZR30W (30" 2560x1600)
Case Chieftec 1E0-500A-CT04 + AMD Sempron sticker
Audio Device(s) Genius Cavimanus
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex 750w Platinum
Mouse Logitech G400
Keyboard Dell Oem + Focus Fk2000 plus
Software Windows 11 Pro x64
What is the best buy used GPU for stable diffusion? I like the old tesla cards. I can make a custom cooler.

M40 80-100 usd 12Gb GM200
M10 ~150 usd 32gb 4xGM104 (weak GPU-s?)
P4 70 usd 8Gb GP104 (easy to cool)
K80 100 usd 24gb 2xGK210 (cuda version is low?)
or there a few ex mining card P104-100 8Gb 60 usd (cuda capable?)
or is there any better GPU? (~50-150 usd range) older AMD cards (radeon pro, MI...) is also cheap but i don't know the support for the stable diffusion.

i have two old tesla cards but vram and the cuda support is too low i think. (C2075 6gb and K20C 5gb)

The pc for this project:
Dell T5820 (Rebar enabled and turbo unlocked bios)
Xeon 2699v3
4x16Gb ram
Win10 Pro, but linux is possible if needed.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Police are complaining about a (now deleted) article that falsely claims a murder happened in town.

It sounds like some lazy journalist clicked a few buttons on ChatGPT to make a story, and it just fully hallucinated a murder wholesale. The story got published for some reason (and then quickly removed). I'm not sure if this rises to the level of libel or slander though, since it'd be hard to say who exactly would sue this newspaper.

Still, it serves as a warning case to the new era we're in. Lazy people are clicking AI buttons they don't understand and just publishing the text without even reading it.

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10

Police are complaining about a (now deleted) article that falsely claims a murder happened in town.

It sounds like some lazy journalist clicked a few buttons on ChatGPT to make a story, and it just fully hallucinated a murder wholesale. The story got published for some reason (and then quickly removed). I'm not sure if this rises to the level of libel or slander though, since it'd be hard to say who exactly would sue this newspaper.

Still, it serves as a warning case to the new era we're in. Lazy people are clicking AI buttons they don't understand and just publishing the text without even reading it.

Yup. Governments need to get IT savvy lawmakers* into gear. This is going to add to an already emerging problem.

*Yeah, I know. IT savvy lawmaker is an oxymoron.

The issue is there's no "incentives" for the lawmakers to penalize the perpetrators hard for this, although in the above case it's probably only a minor thing. Now if this were against a billion dollar company heads would obviously roll :slap:

1705084871352.png

----------

ChatGPT users ruining Amazon, trying to automatically create titles and descriptions for various products. This is one of the many default error-messages that OpenAI / ChatGPT will emit in some circumstances.

People have been finding a huge uptick in Tweets and other social media where clear bot-behavior is happening.

dgianstefani

TPU Proofreader
Staff member
System Name Silent
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D @ 5.15ghz BCLK OC, TG AM5 High Performance Heatspreader
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X670E-I, chipset fans removed
Cooling Optimus AMD Raw Copper/Plexi, HWLABS Copper 240/40+240/30, D5, 4x Noctua A12x25, Mayhems Ultra Pure
Memory 32 GB Dominator Platinum 6150 MHz 26-36-36-48, 56.6ns AIDA, 2050 FLCK, 160 ns TRFC
Video Card(s) RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition, Conductonaut Extreme, 18 W/mK MinusPad Extreme, Corsair XG7 Waterblock
Storage Intel Optane DC P1600X 118 GB, Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB
Display(s) 32" 240 Hz 1440p Samsung G7, 31.5" 165 Hz 1440p LG NanoIPS Ultragear
Case Sliger SM570 CNC Aluminium 13-Litre, 3D printed feet, custom front panel with pump/res combo
Audio Device(s) Audeze Maxwell Ultraviolet, Razer Nommo Pro
Power Supply SF750 Plat, transparent full custom cables, Sentinel Pro 1500 Online Double Conversion UPS w/Noctua
Mouse Razer Viper Pro V2 Mercury White w/Tiger Ice Skates & Pulsar Supergrip tape
Keyboard Wooting 60HE+ module, TOFU Redux Burgundy w/brass weight, Prismcaps White & Jellykey, lubed/modded
Software Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 19053.3803
Benchmark Scores Legendary
Yup. Governments need to get IT savvy lawmakers* into gear. This is going to add to an already emerging problem.

*Yeah, I know. IT savvy lawmaker is an oxymoron.
Getting lawmakers that don't belong in a nursing home would probably help with the IT savvy part.

Term and age limits when?

"AI" real time translation is the best use of it I've found so far. Little chance of catastrophic fk up.

Paper arguing they've discovered an algorithm that can differentiate between LLMs and Humans.

Their example on github:
from binoculars import Binoculars

bino = Binoculars()

# ChatGPT (GPT-4) output when prompted with “Can you write a few sentences about a capybara that is an astrophysicist?"
sample_string = '''Dr. Capy Cosmos, a capybara unlike any other, astounded the scientific community with his
groundbreaking research in astrophysics. With his keen sense of observation and unparalleled ability to interpret
cosmic data, he uncovered new insights into the mysteries of black holes and the origins of the universe. As he
peered through telescopes with his large, round eyes, fellow researchers often remarked that it seemed as if the
stars themselves whispered their secrets directly to him. Dr. Cosmos not only became a beacon of inspiration to
aspiring scientists but also proved that intellect and innovation can be found in the most unexpected of creatures.
'''

print(bino.compute_score(sample_string)) # 0.75661373
print(bino.predict(sample_string)) # 'AI-Generated'

0.01% false positive rate you say? You're full of shit...

System Name C30 w.2x E2650L v2; T5500 w.2x X5670;2x P35 w.X3360; 2x Q33 w.Q9550S/Q9400S & laptops.

Well, they are right...in few years, imagine how much "work force" will need to change because of AI. :cool:

System Name Asus G16
Processor i9 13980HX
Motherboard Asus motherboard
Cooling 2 fans
Memory 32gb 4800mhz cl40
Video Card(s) 4080 laptop
Storage 16tb, x2 8tb SSD
Display(s) QHD+ 16:10 (2560x1600, WQXGA) 240hz
Power Supply 330w psu
Well, they are right...in few years, imagine how much "work force" will need to change because of AI. :cool:
Its already start(ing), amazon is trying out new robots that picks up tots.