1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Aida64 and CPU-Z can't start (Win8.1)

Discussion in 'General Software' started by puma99dk|, Mar 1, 2014.

1. puma99dk|

puma99dk|

Thanks Received:
    After changing my Asus Maximus VI Gene out with a MSI Z87I Gaming AC board, i can't start Aida64 or CPU-Z get stock while loading everything else works fine o_O

Aida64 gets to this:

[​IMG]

CPU-Z 1.68 gets to this:

[​IMG]

i can't close any of them through task manager i need to reboot my pc to get them closed.

2. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Have you re-installed the programs? Chipset drivers? Check event viewer to see what the error report might say? I'm on Win 8.1 w/Z87 and have had no issues with either program ever on this build. Maybe go through device manager and uninstall chipset, usb (last), anything MB hardware specific and restart and re-install?

puma99dk| says thanks.
  3. puma99dk|

puma99dk|

Thanks Received:
    yap did all that, and nuth worked, i couldn't even shutdown or reboot correctly.

so i took the shot and installed new Windows 8.1 64bit and it Works, i installed the missing drivers, also Intel chipset and rebooted no problem my pc just rebooted, this here is annoying had soo many Things installed that i need to reinstall now >.<

4. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Ya that's frustrating. Can't say I've had any major issues doing a major hardware change on Windows 8. I haven't done one since 8.1 dropped aside from Windows 7 systems which I don't remember the last time I had a hardware upgrade issue with...maybe when it was still 2009 and the OS was fresh. Bummer you had to wipe it out. Wish I had a test system to mess with right now so I could try and duplicate your situation. Honestly going with the same chipset I would've ASSUMED that the swap would've been as-smooth-as swapping out vid cards. Damn.

5. puma99dk|

puma99dk|

Thanks Received:
    yeah, i wonder too what went wrong, bcs it's pain in the ass to need to install all my applications again >.<

but atleast now everything is working so, i am happy, now i am just hoping that moving everything 2 a new case won't do anything xD

6. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    If you didn't reinstall Windows the first time, you must of missed some old drivers that were conflicting or just messing with the two programs.

7. puma99dk|

puma99dk|

Thanks Received:
    i ran Driver Sweeper and DDU but didn't help, Aida64 and CPU-Z keep getting stock, and Windows was kinda slow, but after reinstall everything just works fine no problem.