1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AIO liquid cooler suggestions

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Jstn7477, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Jstn7477

Jstn7477

Thanks Received:
    After fussing with my Hyper 212 EVO again because it "pops loose" from its retention mechanism slightly every time I move my computer, causing my computer to BSOD or blank screen like crazy due to high CPU temps, I'm contemplating going with one of these AIO water coolers to keep my 3770K running cool (and possibly get a slightly higher OC if it doesn't need lots of voltage to do so). So, I'm open to suggestions from people who have played with these and know which ones are the best and whatnot.

My chassis is an NZXT Source 210 which has all the fan spots populated with cheap 120mm LED fans, but as far as I know this case has 2x140mm slots on the top but I have no idea if the hole spacing is compatible with (or there is even enough clearance for) coolers like the Kraken x60. Looking for something decent and probably in the $100-$130 range I suppose.

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  2. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    I have a spare AIO cooler but you would have to make brackets to fit 1155. Its a Domino ALC

Crunching for Team TPU
  3. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    my guess is no AIO will fit in the top, you may be able to do a single rad version in the back though.

Image of my 210 filled, you can see there isn't room above the board for it, and likely the power delivery heat sinks and memory will run into the radiator if you try installing one in the roof.
    [​IMG]

4. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Looks like you have a good cooler on the way to you :) Should fit either the top 120mm or the back 120MM but I would prefer the back 120MM since this thermaltake you are getting is push/pull :)

Crunching for Team TPU
  5. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    The EVO has a backplate and screw retention system... how the heck is it coming loose?

That's pretty important.

Not sure when this is coming out, but it looks pretty kickass:

Swiftech H220 Showcase & REAL-WORLD Performance & ...