1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AIO water loop advice

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Random Murderer, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Random Murderer

Random Murderer The Anti-Midas

Thanks Received:
    I have been looking to build a custom loop for a while but don't have the time or money right now, so to hold me over and hopefully get some better temps than this Xig Aegir, I'm looking at 2x120mm AIO systems. The H100 specifically caught my eye, and then I saw the H100i which is supposedly a little better, even though the fans don't push as much air.
    Now I'm conflicted.
    Brand nor OEM matters to me, and I'll probably end up replacing the fans in the near future with high CFM, high pressure fans. Suggestions on systems and/or fans? Keep in mind I need to keep the total height of the fans+radiator under 60mm.
    Thanks in advance to all who reply!:toast:

TL;DR: Which AIO water loop should I get?
  2. XL-R8R

XL-R8R

Thanks Received:
  3. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    Corsair H100i with quieter fans as my personal choice > better tubing than H100
    Random Murderer says thanks.
  4. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    All the latest AIOs are much better. Corsair has new head units as do the Thermaltake's. Cant really go wrong with either, but the new Corsair head units do look better than all the rest;)
  5. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  6. Random Murderer

Thanks Received:
    Thanks.:toast:

Aesthetics don't bother me too much. Lowest temps possible with an AIO is my goal.
    From these responses though, it seems the extra $15 for the H100i over the H100 is worth it.

I had considered that one, but in the past I had used the Water 2.0 Performer and absolutely hated the mounting system. I could put that hatred aside if that beefy radiator on the Extreme would fit in my limited space, but alas, it does not.
    Edit: Upon closer inspection, I could probably fit that radiator if the fans were mounted to the outside of the case. Going to wait and see what some others have to say before making up my mind.
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  7. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Oh right, the new Corsair AIOs have that new magnetic mounting bar. That and simple thumbscrews works really well.
  8. Hood

Hood

Thanks Received:
    My H100 works great and runs quiet, so I'd say go with the H100i. The Thermaltake units haven't been around long enough to rate their reliability, and I don't trust the company anyway (too many false claims about their products). I want to try mine with 4 Delta 5000 rpm fans (on a fan controller of course) just to see how low I can get my temps (or how high my overclock!).
  9. Random Murderer

Thanks Received:
    Thanks guys. It was made abundantly clear that the H100i is the way to go. I now have one on order, but skipped getting the fans (for now) as the 100i comes with SP120L fans. Same as the SP120 High Performance except slightly lower pressure and a bit more CFM.
    Can't wait to see how much of an improvement this will be over my now archaic Xig. Should also make the system look a bit tidier.