• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers [PS4]

Processor Intel Core i5-11400F 2.6GHz
Motherboard H510M-A Pro
Cooling Hyper H410R RGB
Memory 32 GB
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Twin Edge
Display(s) LG 27M47VQ 27 inches 2 ms FULL HD HDMI Gaming Monitor
Case Thermaltake Versa T27 TG 750W
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair CX750 ATX 80PLUS (750W)
Software Windows 11 Home Edition 64-bit
Published by Kalypso Media, Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers lets players experience intense air combat from both sides of the war. Advances in aerial technology revolutionized air combat during WWII — and the gripping aerial battles of the Second World War have now also found their way onto the PlayStation 4 system. Step into the boots of Admiral Lucas Stark (US Navy) and coordinate the defence of Pearl Harbor and the liberation of the Pacific Ocean — or win honour and glory for the Japanese empire as Admiral Hideaki Hashimoto (Imperial Japanese Army).

Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers PlayStation 4 Edition
  • Play two campaigns revolving around historically significant aircraft carriers — either for the US Navy or the Imperial Japanese Army
  • Step into the cockpit of 18 famous airplane types, such as the Japanese A6M "Zero" and the Aichi D3 "Val," or the American F4F "Wildcat" or F4U "Corsair"
  • Command an entire squadron and lead your unit to victory
  • Experience the most famous battles of the Pacific Theatre and fly missions located in Midway, Pearl Harbor, and Wake Island
  • Put your flying abilities to the test in 4 different online multiplayer modes, including aerial and aircraft carrier battle
PS4 Exclusives:
  • 7 new airplanes, including the ME109, Hawker Sea Hurricane, or F6F "Hellcat"
  • Head tracking ability with PlayStation Camera
Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers PlayStation 4 Edition is available today across as a boxed retail version for £34.99/€39.99/$39.99 (SRP) or via digital download on the PlayStation Store.

Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers - Release Trailer PlayStation 4 (English)

Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers - Release Trailer PlayStation 4 Screenshots

Last edited:

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
intresting fact no ME109's ever saw combat service in the pacific (WW2)
still never let facts get in the way of a game

Motherboard H510M-A Pro
Cooling Hyper H410R RGB
Memory 32 GB
Audio Device(s) Onboard
intresting fact no ME109's ever saw combat service in the pacific (WW2)
still never let facts get in the way of a game

Yes. I guess this is just additional content to increase number of planes. But, I don't know that is right choice for additional content. Because planes have specific features. Are they can fly everywhere or not?

dorsetknob

Play two campaigns revolving around historically significant aircraft carriers

Playing with the facts of History
as i said no ME109's ever saw combat service in the pacific.
Japan imported a few examples for evaluation and later developed their own version ( also there were no Carrier Adaptations of the Me109 They were proposed but never implemented Germany only built and launched one Carrier They Built a carrier but it never saw Combat service)
While the Sea Hurricane DID See Combat Service in the Pacific War with the British Pacific Fleet Along with the Seafire

edit see post 6

Last edited:
Motherboard H510M-A Pro
Cooling Hyper H410R RGB
Memory 32 GB
Audio Device(s) Onboard
I found following article. It's a long one, but explains mistaken things.

The Allies mistakenly thought the Germans were exporting their fighters and bombers to Japan, or licensing them to build them in Japan. The Allies assigned them codenames (nicknames) expecting to see them in combat. This was an early war rumor, mainly from bad intelligence and the incorect feeling that the Japanese were incapable of designing their own aircraft (proved wrong with the combat debut of the A6M2 "Zeke / Zero")

Testing and Influence of German Aircraft
The Japanese did have a few examples of the above aircraft sent to Japan, where they were run through performance tests, or flown in mock combat against their own fighters. The Japanese Army brought a JU-87A "Stuka" to Japan, where it might have influenced the design of wing dive breaks, seen on there their D3A1 Val The Japanese Ju-87 remained in a hanger-museum at Tokorozawa, but was destroyed during an Allied air raid toward the end of the war.

Mistaken Identity - Me-109 and the Ki-61 "Tony"
The rumor that Allied pilots encountered ME-109's in combat is a case of mistaken identity. When the JAAF's Ki-61 (Tony) was first encountered in April of 1943, it was sometime mistakenly identified as a ME-109.

Others, thought that the new plane was an Italian export, therefore, it was codenamed "Tony". Instead, the Ki-61 was neither. It was a Japanese design, but the rumors persisted. I have read several personal memories that talk about Navy pilots in the making the identification mistake of ME-109 instead of Ki-61.

German Secret Weapons in Japan
At the end of the war, the Japanese did test the ME-163 (Japanese designation J8M1) The IJN acquired manufacturing rights to build this rocket fighter. By the end of the war, flight tests were made in glider versions of the plane only.

The famous ME-262 (In Japan, Nakajima built, and know as "Kikka") The design of the Kikka was based on the Me-262, but it became scaled down because of the loss of some of the blueprints from Germany. One successful & one aborted flight were made before the end of WWII. The Allies never had codenames for either of these planes because they were not encountered in combat.

German Aircraft Wrecks in New Guinea
Although the Me-109 never flew in New Guinea, there is a legacy of German aircraft in Papua New Guinea, but it has nothing to do with WWII! Previous to WWI, Germany was the colonial masters of the northern coast of New Guinea - hence names like Finchafen, Alexishafen, Mt. Wilhelm, etc. Their missionary influence is still present to this day.

During the 1930's those German ex-patriates imported German aircraft to New Guinea. At Alexishafen, there is the remains of a Junkers W 34 and at the Bayier River in the Highlands, the reamains of a Ju-52

Additional Reading
Mikesh, Robert C. "Japanese Aircraft Code Names & Designations" Schiffer Miliary History, PA USA. 1993.

Source: http://www.pacificwrecks.com/history/messerschmitt/

dorsetknob

Read that articale
Found this as well
http://german-navy.de/kriegsmarine/aviation/carrierbased/me109/index.html

excerpt
The Messerschmitt Me 109T was the projected carrier version of the Me 109E model. About 70 planes of this version were build by Fieseler, several modifications had to be made to adapt these single seat fighters for the use on aircraft carriers:

Motherboard H510M-A Pro
Cooling Hyper H410R RGB
Memory 32 GB
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Understood. :)

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
Read that articale
Found this as well
http://german-navy.de/kriegsmarine/aviation/carrierbased/me109/index.html

excerpt
The Messerschmitt Me 109T was the projected carrier version of the Me 109E model. About 70 planes of this version were build by Fieseler, several modifications had to be made to adapt these single seat fighters for the use on aircraft carriers:
I wouldn't have wanted to have been one of those German pilots if they HAD fielded the carrier and put these aboard. The ME-109 had a horrendously short range, and almost certainly a fair number would have ended up ditching in the North Sea.