1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Akasa Integral P2NES 2.5" IDE/SATA enclosure

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Darksaber, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Darksaber

Darksaber W1zzard's Sidekick Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2007
  2. FH123 New Member

Thanks Received:
    May have design or manufacturing flaw!

This product may have a design or manufacturing flaw! I bought two of these, manufactured in March and April 2009 respectively. Both produced data corruption errors when using a PATA disk and the USB connection. I tested on two different machines and using two different hard disks, 1 Seagate, 1 Hitachi, for 4 different combinations. The extra power cable was used and I used three different USB cables in total. Both disks contained a Ghost backup and Ghost detected multiple CRC errors, e.g. data corruption, upon extraction. The disks were subsequently fully extracted, without errors, using a different drive cradle. On the other hand, when using the AKASA cradle, the CRC errors occured in different places, depending on the PC and the USB cable used. This most emphatically rules out the disks as the source of the problem. The common denominator appears the AKASA cradle. While two product samples do not a science make and it may very well work fine with SATA disks, I can only advise to treat this product as highly suspect based on my experience!