1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Albatron Technology Releases OTM215L1 Touch Monitor, Passes WHQL Certification

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Mar 19, 2010.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Albatron Technology OTM215L1, the optical multi-touch monitor designed for home users, has passed WHQL test for Windows 7 in March 2010. To provide the best “touch” experience and ensure the best compatibility with “Windows Touch” structure, Albatron Technology spent lots of time in tuning the accuracy of multi-touch function in developing stage. With WHQL certification, user can enable multi-touch function under Windows 7 without install driver; furthermore, the “calibration-free” design brings plug-n-touch experience to all users, no need to calibrate by users.

When users have OTM215L1, they are free from installing mouse & keyboard. By multi-touch function & Windows 7 embedded “Virtual keyboard”, users can do click or drag object on screen, and can even input text on screen via virtual keyboard. It does save more space for you.

[​IMG]

Three advantages of Albatron OTM215L1
    Besides driver-free & plug-n-touch, there are three key advantages of OTM215L1:
    • Damage resistant: The hardness of the tempered glass reaches “Mohs hardness 8”, which provides the best protection to the monitor..
    • Ultra durable: The 50,000 hours MTBF provides the most durable touch experience.
    • Ultra accurate: OTM215L1 passed the test with 5mm diameter stylus, comply with Windows 7 WHQL requirement.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    oh great, WHQL monitors now - at least it gives the benefit of using generic MS drivers

3. SetsunaFZero

SetsunaFZero

Thanks Received:
    yes now we can play ego shooters with multi touch xD lol
    now srly which home user needs this multi touch feature :/

4. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    it helps computer illiterate people :p

5. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Multi touch is awesome for working with photos and renders and things like that. If my monitor would've had a multi-touch option, I would've grabbed it.

6. DaJMasta

Thanks Received:
    I still don't get why they sell touch screen monitors with conventional stands. Wouldn't that thing be a huge pain to use in a conventional desktop setting? Even if you angled it significantly I would still doubt it's stability when doing things at the edge of the screen....

7. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    lol....touch my monitor and I will break your fingers!:roll: