1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Alcpone's Official 3dMark Vantage Compilation

Discussion in 'General Software' started by jbunch07, Apr 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    water cold=fail clearwater is the only place i really liked...then i got bite by something...its tooth was in my F@#$ hand...still have the scar...son of a b#$ if its gonna take a peice of me im getting a peice of him.....good job on the chip though :toast:

on second thought when i felt the pain i should have taken my other hand and fished for him dragged his ass on shore and had an epic battle. Sol vs. muther F@#$ shark. not so fair when your on my ground is it bitch?!

sorry shouldnt let my personal feeling on sea animals on the forums. just brings bad memories lots of blood. wish i still had the tooth its on the beach someware.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  2. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:

:roll: Sol would :nutkick: the hell out of a shark!!! The only thing I've ever had a problem with is when I was 9.. Stingray stung me.. Dang wasn't that a PITA.. But, had a aunt at the time, that owned a hotel on Maderia Beach, so it was easy to fix!

Solaris17 says thanks.
  3. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    lol a peice of his gum was on the tooth i hope he bled out or he bled out the mpouth and another shark ate his ass. i still cant feel a square inch of my hand SOB

lol i would have totally grabbed him judging by the size of the tooth he was small maybe the size of my forarm...grab um by the gills and throw his ass on the beach and punch him in the face infront of bystanders...then casually walk away. While pulling his tooth out of my hand.

4. renozi New Member

Thanks Received:
    Dannnggg, Binge! freakin' awesome overclocks on both fronts!:respect:
    How hard is it to get into water cooling? I think I might just do that when I do a new build next year...

Binge says thanks.
  5. Solaris17

Thanks Received:

not hard at all bro!!! its time consuming i usually run my WC setup in my case with no parts for 30min though some swear by 24 hours...the initial set up can be hard wet and time consuming like 2-3 hours but the temps speak for themselves...one thing i noticed with water is that you might idle a bit higher than air but the load temps are drastically lower...

renozi says thanks.
  6. renozi New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've been wanting to get into wc for a while now but haven't had the money or time, but hopefully next summer I'll be free from undergrad and can play around! Thanks Sol!

Solaris17 says thanks.
  7. SystemViper

SystemViper

Thanks Received:

Yea that is the beauty of it, the range of min to max temps is a lot smaller. :rockout:

8. Binge

Binge Overclocking Surrealism

Thanks Received:
    Getting in to water cooling is not hard. Spending a lot of money on it is not hard. Realizing you wanted something else and selling the first loop to buy the 2nd... HARD.

9. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Am thinking of moving to water, just for the CPU, thing is I am naturally lazy, I just wish there was one of these "kits" that did a good job just for the CPU.

10. trt740

trt740

Thanks Received:
    Tatty_One says thanks.
  11. Tatty_One

Thanks Received:
    Hmmmm a TEC, will do some googling to see how she performs. Thanks Tom.

Edit: lots of reviews on Coolermasters site, all look good, many say it rivals high end water , seems to be brand new, cant find them available yet in the UK, might be nice with an i7 setup :)

12. trt740

trt740

Thanks Received:
    waste of money I7 ,your Q9650 is just as fast or very close at your speeds.

13. Binge

Thanks Received:
    Wow... what a lie. Also that V10 just matches a true as the reviews suggest.

14. Tatty_One

Thanks Received:
    Dunno, some of the reviews vary agreed..... many say thats it's as good as good water, "copied and pasted" from coolermasters review page.......I remain open minded, will need to do some more diggiing:

Best Cooling Product Feb 2009 award

brighthub.com : February 2009

I thought it's probably a CPU cooler that will be somewhat better then the stock CPU cooler. A few degrees difference and that's it. But wow, this piece of premium hardware blew me away.

At the moment I am testing water cooling systems for a future article. The V10 CPU cooler out performs all of them. A water cooling system attempts to lower the temperature by running water over a CPU block. Then it runs the water through a radiator which lowers the temperature. I was amazed when I saw the results. I did additional tests which all turn out the same averages.

The fans are rpm controlled. But even at full load the fans where barely noticeable. Of course this might also be because of the excellent isolation of the Cosmos case.

With these results Cooler Master won the award of "Best Cooling Product Feb 2009" in the category "Active CPU Coolers". Two thumbs up for Cooler Master.

Approved

ocia.net : February 2009
    Temperatures with the V10 were quite good, equaling in fact the results I'm used to seeing with my Swiftech water cooling system. Load temperatures were the most impressive, not going above mid-40's even with 1.5v applied to the CPU.

When it came to performance, the V10 is almost assuredly the best air cooler I've tested to date. With temps rivaling those of a decent water-cooled setup, the Cooler Master V10 handled anything I threw at it with ease.

The Cooler Master V10 Hybrid TEC cooler earns the OCIA.net Seal of Approval.

15. Binge

Thanks Received:
    That v10 by the reviews is about 5-8C shy of being able to match a good water cooling setup at my overclock.

PA 120.2
    Heatkiller Rev 3.0 LT/CU
    3xScythe Ultra Kaze
    MCP355 + EK top Rev2
    choice of tubing and res... all about $240 and I'm thinking higher than if you hunted for deals.

16. Fitseries3

Fitseries3 Eleet Hardware Junkie

Thanks Received:
    hows this for a baseline(all stock) bench?

[​IMG]

17. Tatty_One

Thanks Received:
    Yep, as I said, the reviews do vary, you will notice on the first of the 2 I posted, he said he was reviewing a number of water setups and the V10 performed better than all of them, TBH I would like to hear about some real world performance before i decide on water or some alternative, I have a few weeks yet before I have the time to do a full system upgrade (busy time of year for me at work), so i will sit patiently and do some googling.

18. phanbuey

phanbuey

Thanks Received:
    If someone wanted to start a business right now and make a killing in the enthusiast cooling market, they would come out with an adaptive TEC waterblock...

one that doesn't cause condensation because it would not cool below ambient, but one that would kick in at load... so that your cpu idles at 33 C and loads at 35...

IMO nothing can dissipate heat like a decent rad...

19. Binge

Thanks Received:
    Does he mention what kind of water cooling it was? Premade or personal design? Sometimes people go for silence over performance, and that is a terrible idea.

20. Tatty_One

Thanks Received:
    No, just read the full article, he is not specific.

21. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    @ tatty, I personally have had my hands on two of the V10's the second of which is sitting next to me in a box.

Let me just say this, it seems from what I tested there is a bit of a quality contol issue with these coolers as I had as much as a 2.5*C varience in the coolers.

The cooler could in theory work OK but the way its designed IMHO it isnt worth the dang near $150 asking price.

Tatty_One says thanks.
  22. Binge

Thanks Received:
    They have it out already. It's called a CoolIT Boreas.

23. phanbuey

phanbuey

Thanks Received:
    i mean something like this http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/swiftech_mcw6500t/...

but more powerful, that increases in power as processor temp increases...

basically, if you were to take the TEC element and controller out of the v10 and put it on a waterblock.

24. Binge

Thanks Received:
    -facepalm- :shadedshu

25. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    the controler on the V10 doesnt allow for full TEC functionality, thats another reason why no condensation durring everyday running.