1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Aluminium Box Mod (First Casemod Ever)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by puma99dk|, Jul 23, 2012.

1. puma99dk|

puma99dk|

Thanks Received:
    you make remember i told u some months ago i got this AceFrost case (Lian Li PC-V300) from my uncle with some hardware in it.

This one i called a "Salvage Case"
    [​IMG]

well today i drawed a mark i wanted to get cut up but my dad didn't want me to borrow his Dremel:
    [​IMG]

So i masked up what i wanted to get cut up and than he cut it out for me:

(Blurry pic sry for that crappy focus sometimes >.<)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i wanted to cut that out so i can have a high-end GFX in the case and maybe build my own Micro-ATX system into it, so i used my old "EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS 640mb" as guide line instead of my GTX 680.

More pics will come tomorrow when there is better light and i will show u all how it went.
    Important note there is no ETA on this build, it will be done when i got the energy, time and money for it.

2. Raw

Raw

Thanks Received:
    Can't wait for more progress pics

This looks like it's going to be sweet.
    Can't wait for more progress pics.
    :toast:

3. VulkanBros

VulkanBros

Thanks Received:
    Det bliver spændende at følge :)

We are waiting on a follow-up! Exciting stuff....

Crunching for Team TPU
  4. puma99dk|

puma99dk|

Thanks Received:
    Here is an update of what there got cutted out, i desided to actually cut out more than just what i drawed. The reason is that it's easier to cut a little more out and than cut out a little more again, than cut too much and needed to put it back on again.

Yes ino it's not the most straight lines the world but again, i will put some rubber on the edge i think to smooth it out.

[​IMG]

Close up:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

now there should be more than enough space for longer cards than before i took the measures from my old EVGA 8800 GTS as i said up in my first most and needed to clear so i can use the first PCI-Express slot aswell with GFX.

to tease u a little here is how much space there actually is, and with the GTX 680 power going up the side i hope there is room enough x:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The back of the case where u slide in the motherboard tray:

[​IMG]

now my only headache is how i will block off the floppy bay in the side of the case. Maybe i will get a brand new aluminum plate or i should do a total window in some transparent plexi glass or acrylic plate. So it will only have the two 5,25" bays i am planning about having my one optical drive and my Scythe fan controller in the side only.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    To fill the floppy bay why not get a card 3.25 card reader or fan controller : ]

6. puma99dk|

puma99dk|

Thanks Received:
    The idea is nice, but i don't use a card reader, and i got a 5.25 fan controller, but i do have a ECS USB3.0 3.25 bay laying around doing nuth.

this one:
    [​IMG]

7. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received: