1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Always disconnecting on GTA IV (PS3)

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by stayplation3, Sep 1, 2012.

1. stayplation3

Thanks Received:
    This just started happening this month. I can only play on GTA IV for about 10-15 minutes and then it will disconnect. It says everyone in the game but me has left, or sometimes it says im kicked without anyone kicking me. It never did this before until now. No internet settings have been changed since before it started doing this. My internet is not disconnecting because I never disconnect on any games on PC they will stay connected forever. Can someone help me? I restored my PS3 and it still does it. I even reset my modem and it still does it. It is a wired connection and I don't ever actually disconnect from the PSN, only from the games on GTA IV.
    Btw I've posted on the official PSN forums already but its dead and I never get a response from anyone :(

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  2. stayplation3

Thanks Received:
    i even switched to wireless to see if it was the cord or something and it still does it.

3. INSTG8R

INSTG8R

Thanks Received:
    I don't online game much with my PS3 But have you checked that there aren't some ports that may be being blocked?

4. stayplation3

Thanks Received:
    yes i gave it a static ip and put it in dmz and it still does it.. but then i removed that setting cuz it works the same without it

5. stayplation3

Thanks Received:
    :mad::banghead: