1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Amazon Teams Up With TiVo To Sell Movies Straight To TV Sets

Discussion in 'News' started by HellasVagabond, Jul 16, 2007.

1. HellasVagabond New Member

Thanks Received:
    This Tuesday TiVo ( Creator of the TiVo® box ) stated that many of its customers can now order movies and television shows from Amazon.com's download service directly from their TV, without having to own a personal computer.
    TiVo upgraded the "Amazon Unbox on TiVo" service to allow customers with high-speed Internet connections to select and buy one of about 10,000 movies and shows using nothing more than just their TiVo remote control.

The service is available to all broadband-connected TiVo Series2 and Series3 subscribers and the cost to rent Movies starts from $1.99 to $3.99 and for purchase from $9.99 to $14.99.
    Users of TiVo can also choose between thousands of television shows to purchase for $1.99 per episode. The programs will be viewable after it downloads to the TiVo set-top box.
    TiVo will provide an additional $15 instant discount for new subscribers when they purchase any TiVo Series2 Dual Tuner box with service plan prior to July 23, 2007.

Source: TiVo

2. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    I read about this in my maximum PC magazine I got back at the beginning of July.

Series 3 is the best TiVo around and hands down the best quality. (though I must say, my DISH network HD PVR set box looks and sounds better, though it records the same amount of HD content, 30 hours)

3. HellasVagabond New Member

Thanks Received:
    It was announced that they were working on it in the beginning of july but it just got real thats all :)