1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD 8120 fx not stable at 4,5ghz

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by The3chosenone, Dec 28, 2012.

1. drdeathx

drdeathx New Member

Thanks Received:
    Corsair GS PSU's don't explode(who the hell told you that?). Look OP, the Corsair GS series is OK. HX and TX are better. Whatever one you get will overclock fine. Thes guys here arguing and ranting are guys who plain just don't get laid and think they know everything.... so they are biter individuals......

Pick your poison and buy it. The top end rated PSU's will be better for high overclocks and extreme overclocking. For your needs GS will work.......

Pick your PSU and cooling, buy it, set it up and then come back. The guys(most of them) here will guide you through the overclocking process. If not, give me a PM, I'll be your wingman if you need it.
  2. OneMoar

OneMoar New Member

Thanks Received:
    He doesn't have a Corsair yet hes running some garbage apeevia lol
    and who let you off my ignore list
  3. drdeathx

drdeathx New Member

Thanks Received:
    As usual, you never specify. The conversation was about GS and I don't see Apeva's exploding all over anyhow. You need to chill on your rhetoric. I think he sees the Apeva is sub par and that was covered earlier.

I keep you off ignore to laugh at your advise. It is humorous. Did you get my links to 6GHz. LOL:nutkick:
  4. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    As usual you should probably read the original post before you come in talking like you know all. If you would have read earlier you would have known that we were saying how the apevia unit is subpar, nothing about the GS blowing up. The GS series for one is better then what this guy has already, but the GS series are mediocre so its not saying much.
    ...PACMAN... and OneMoar say thanks.
  5. OneMoar

OneMoar New Member

Thanks Received:
    a coil of wire wrapped around a 10 penny nail would be better then that Apeevia

seriously why people spend over 600 bucks on a bunch of hardware and then attempt to power it with the figurative Equivalent of a water wheel I will never understand
    sigh some people just don't learn until it costs them something
    ...PACMAN... says thanks.
  6. ...PACMAN...

...PACMAN...

Thanks Received:
    I keep you off mine to laugh at your poor spelling and you also make me feel better about my looks (if that is you in your avatar) :rolleyes:

The GS series are relatively poor PSUs, get a stronger Corsair unit. If you need to research a bit there are various reviews on Techpowerup or Jonny Guru is a good source of info.
    MxPhenom 216 and OneMoar say thanks.
  7. OneMoar

OneMoar New Member

Thanks Received:
    I didn't even click his link his pm went right from the inbox to my trash lol
    people like him give poor Advise and then end up costing the people that are here trying to get help there hardware
  8. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I am about to clean-up this thread. Stop with all the nonsense.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  9. OneMoar

OneMoar New Member

Thanks Received:
    SIR YES SIR!
    /me runs away before he gets banned(again)
  10. drdeathx

drdeathx New Member

Thanks Received:
    Apeva was put to rest a ways back............
  11. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    Well this is the eternal question isn't it? In a perfect world we would all run [insert your favourite PSU here]'s, but reality is that we're dying humans often strapped for cash. We don't go ultra-explosive-lowend, but the high end might not be avaliable to us. The GS is cheap, yes, and not as good as their other stuff, but it's good enough. It probably won't explode, and if it does it will probably not take the other hardware with it. And the performance is decent, and the price is decent.

It'll do nicely.
  12. OneMoar

OneMoar New Member

Thanks Received:
    for the price of the GS he could get a SeaSonic made Antec
  13. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
  14. drdeathx

drdeathx New Member

Thanks Received:
    Although the Antc may be made in the Seasonic, it will be spec'd differently than Seasonic PSU's. Seasonic is a sourcing agent for Antec and there are different components. PSU's made by Seasonic are good ones though. I am sure you are aware of this......