• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Bulldozer A Surprisingly Sell-Out Sales Success. Victims: Phenom II & Athlon II

System Name MoneySink
Processor 2600K @ 4.8
Motherboard P8Z77-V
Cooling AC NexXxos XT45 360, RayStorm, D5T+XSPC tank, Tygon R-3603, Bitspower
Memory 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1600C8
Video Card(s) GTX 780 SLI (EVGA SC ACX + Giga GHz Ed.)
Storage Kingston HyperX SSD (128) OS, WD RE4 (1TB), RE2 (1TB), Cav. Black (2 x 500GB), Red (4TB)
Display(s) Achieva Shimian QH270-IPSMS (2560x1440) S-IPS
Case NZXT Switch 810
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek yawn edition
Power Supply Seasonic X-1050
Software Win8.1 Pro
Benchmark Scores 3.5 litres of Pale Ale in 18 minutes.
Rumors are Apple almost went Llano for the last MacBook refresh. Strong chance they'll be considering Trinity (Bulldozer based) next year on account of Intel's lackluster graphics performance.
Strong graphics performance is a prerequisite that potential MacBook owners look for? When did this happen? :confused:

Mac gaming must have come a long way lately -both in game selection and acceptance in polite Mac society.

System Name Runs Smooth
Processor FX 8350
Motherboard Crosshair V Formula Z
Cooling Corsair H110 with AeroCool Shark 140mm fans
Memory 16GB G-skill Trident X 1866 Cl. 8
Video Card(s) HIS 7970 IceQ X² GHZ Edition
Storage OCZ Vector 256GB SSD & 1Tb piece of crap
Display(s) acer H243H
Case NZXT Phantom 820 matte black
Audio Device(s) Nada
Power Supply NZXT Hale90 V2 850 watt
Software Windows 7 Pro
Benchmark Scores Lesbians are hot!!!
Rumors are Apple almost went Llano for the last MacBook refresh. Strong chance they'll be considering Trinity (Bulldozer based) next year on account of Intel's lackluster graphics performance.

You can only shove crap in consumer's faces so long till they realize faster crap, is still crap. Apple found out the hard way after the initial x86 switch. Consumers complained for GPU performance and they brought in NV low end chips.

Just a cold hard fact, Intel cannot make GPUs right. They fail on hardware, and they fail on drivers. The difference between a Mac user and a PC user is about ~$500-$1000. For that extra cost, they have the right to be upset when their Mac can't run anything. It'll only take so long till it happens again and Apple is forced to reintroduce discrete in lowends. By then, the price ratio with AMD APUs will look mighty tempting.

And that makes Apple relevant to the sales of the FX series? And now Intel has something to do with it too?

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
It could just mean supplies are limited, not that people are buying them at record levels, as their performance is crap.

Performance isn't crap, performance just isn't better than Intel's offerings. This isn't like when netburst came out and performance was physically worse than P3's

fanboys are retards, they buy a bad product just because they don't like other company. The bulldozer will make more AMD fanboys then ever be for cause that's how fanboys starts, they buy a bad product, defend it and hate the other company for releasing something better. :laugh:

So thats why Intel is so popular so many people bought P4's! I understand now :banghead:

To reiterate what do you classify as a bad product? Does bulldozer not accomplish the task that a computer is designed for? Does it fail in droves? Is it overly expensive? In all reality you could consider it a stepping stone. Phenom II's were still outperformed by Intel yet they were considered a "good" product, what makes Bulldozer different? It clocks well, power consumption is high, but I feel that is a first gen bug and will get worked out with new steppings, just like Phenom I and II. When someone points out a legitimate reason that Bulldozer is a "bad" product I will retract what I said, but until that point whats actually wrong with BD?

Just to throw it out there Intel has had plenty of other "bad" products other than P4. They had there own TLB bug with i7, the 6 series chipsets, socket 423, the list goes on. Every company has fuck ups and in all honesty less the spectacular performance doesn't make a bad product in my book.

I think the problem is more that BD wasn't what AMD said it'd be, so people consider it a failure because it didn't accomplish what it was "supposed to" (or at least, what people were lead to believe it was supposed to).

Enmity

System Name Enmity
Processor Intel i5 3570K 4.6Ghz@1.320vcore
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V
Cooling Corsair H100
Memory 2 x 4 GB Mushkin Frostbyte 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) 2 x MSI 5850's
Storage 1 x 90GB OCZ Vertex2 SSD, 1 x 1TB HDD, 3 x 320GB HDD
Display(s) Samsung XL2370
Case Coolermaster Storm Stryker
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DG PCI + Senn HD485's
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
I think the problem is more that BD wasn't what AMD said it'd be, so people consider it a failure because it didn't accomplish what it was "supposed to" (or at least, what people were lead to believe it was supposed to).

AMD might be just 800 million transistors short of their original performance expectations perhaps? ;) could have made a decent difference if they really did have the full count quoted originally - but then again, power consumption is already through the roof at 1.2 Billion.

System Name Back to intel again
Processor Intel i9 13900K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Gaming X AX DDR5
Cooling custom watercooled
Memory 64GB Kingston Fury 5600mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire 7900 XTX
Storage 1TB Kingston KC3000 x4 Raid 0
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G70B
Case Antec Performance 1
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA P2 1200w
Mouse Razer Naga Trinity
Keyboard Corsair K70
Software Windows 11 x64
hey, you sound like one too you know?
just say it. I GOT RIPPED OFF, you'll fell better and you wont be stuck buying under preforming trash. I'm currently running an AMD. So how am I a fanboy?

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
just say it. I GOT RIPPED OFF, you'll fell better and you wont be stuck buying under preforming trash. I'm currently running an AMD. So how am I a fanboy?

How so? I have owned chips from everything except 1155 and for the lift of me could not tell you the difference in everyday life from a Phenom 910@3.8ghz to a Xeon X3440@4.2ghz. I have run most different K10h based chips and never had an underperformance issue nor did I have an issues with my post C2D Intel parts. Maybe you should leave benchmarks to the big kids and enjoy what you have.

lukcic

With this article I got a suspicion that somebody wants to make this site to get more visits (with pissing off AMD or Intel fanboys and neutral people)....that's all :laugh:

System Name My pc
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Rog b450-f
Cooling Cooler master 120mm aio
Memory 16gb ddr4 3200mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3x 3070
Storage 2tb intel nvme and 2tb generic ssd
Display(s) Generic dell 1080p overclocked to 75hz
Case Phanteks enthoo
Power Supply 650w of borderline fire hazard
Mouse Some wierd Chinese vertical mouse
Keyboard Generic mechanical keyboard
Software Windows ten

I don't feel ripped off ( cept a bsod I'm having but seems it's bios causing the issue)

An fx8120 is £25 more or so than a 1100t, sure the 1100t is 10% faster clock for clock but bulldozer overclocks 10% further even if you don't try hard, if you're patient you can get 20% higher clock speed than 1100t max overclock at a lower voltage.

So if you're an over clocker you're just paying for 2 extra cores really and the pricing is reasonable in that regard.

Fx

Processor Ryzen 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Noctua
Memory G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB DDR4 3466
Video Card(s) EVGA 980ti FTW
Storage (OS)Samsung 950 Pro (512GB), (Data) WD Reds
Display(s) 24" Dell UltraSharp U2412M
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser GAME ONE
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 650 P2
Mouse Mionix Castor
Keyboard Deck Hassium Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
this might be true. i dont think they will stop at AM3+. there will at least be an AM4.

they might go over completely to FM sockets and make more kick ass APUs there.

I really love what they are doing with APUs. I almost just bought a mini-ITX mobo to build an XBMC box but the software support isnt quite there yet but it is getting close since openELEC has stepped up to the plate. they are doing a lot of good things for the HTPC audience

the FM1 socket has plenty of power in it for the average joe that uses it for school, general usage. AMD is smart for putting more focus into these markets- it is already paying off and demand is only going to grow

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
pile on the dirt why dont ya, i got qubits cards maked as a fanboy these days simples and im startin to think TPU is gettin a bias to its news, sort it out mods, you cant just constantly berate a company on here, unless its rambus that is:laugh:

to me with my recent loss of my quad and mobo to disease( ok 1.55 volts on cpu might a killed it eventually) 476english pounds would buy me a crosshair v fx8150 and mem with enough slots for xfire a pcie ssd and the bonus gt240 for physx in one pc that should rock (needs 4xpciex though) if i go intel id have to spend a lot more just for enough pciex slots and marginal game bench increases

Magnum°

For some people, a bulldozer CPU might be an excellent upgrade coming from a phenom triple or quadcore?

In the beginning of the year, I was in doubt : AMD/Intel. I finally bit the bullet and bought a core i2600K system. I haven't regretted it, my system hardly lost any value: it would cost you almost the same to buy a similar PC now, 9 months later. That's exceptional I think ;-)

System Name My pc
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Memory 16gb ddr4 3200mhz
Case Phanteks enthoo
Software Windows ten
For some people, a bulldozer CPU might be an excellent upgrade coming from a phenom triple or quadcore?

In the beginning of the year, I was in doubt : AMD/Intel. I finally bit the bullet and bought a core i2600K system. I haven't regretted it, my system hardly lost any value: it would cost you almost the same to buy a similar PC now, 9 months later. That's exceptional I think ;-)

Came from a 1055t and it's an upgrade for me, only bad thing is power consumption IMO.

Yeah it could be better but it's not shite.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
With this article I got a suspicion that somebody wants to make this site to get more visits (with pissing off AMD or Intel fanboys and neutral people)....that's all :laugh:

Yes well it's qubit. Most of his "news" posts does that.

mik95xp

"AMD's new Bulldozer "FX" series of processors may be very lacklustre performers in reviewer's benchmarks "

its not a lacklustre performer, as other people have noticed, it was able to beat intel's 2600k in some benchies, am i not right? you can only justify that it as a bad CPU if in every benchmark it performs under intel's 2600k, but to tell you, no they dont.... and those benchmarks are only in the reviewers point of view..

and another thing, why you seem so sad dear author?? why you not like it bro?? do you like amd to sink and be bankrupt?? to tell you if that will happen, all hell will break lose.... be happy with it, it should result positively for amd.. more R&D budget=more competetion, dont you like it???

peace out!

mik95xp

To reiterate what do you classify as a bad product? Does bulldozer not accomplish the task that a computer is designed for? Does it fail in droves? Is it overly expensive? In all reality you could consider it a stepping stone. Phenom II's were still outperformed by Intel yet they were considered a "good" product, what makes Bulldozer different? It clocks well, power consumption is high, but I feel that is a first gen bug and will get worked out with new steppings, just like Phenom I and II. When someone points out a legitimate reason that Bulldozer is a "bad" product I will retract what I said, but until that point whats actually wrong with BD?

Just to throw it out there Intel has had plenty of other "bad" products other than P4. They had there own TLB bug with i7, the 6 series chipsets, socket 423, the list goes on. Every company has fuck ups and in all honesty less the spectacular performance doesn't make a bad product in my book.

you nailed it sir... i bet those guys that reacts with BD being sold out are hmm.. can i say fanboys?? BD buyers are also for their good, if it doesn't sell out, what will happen to amd?? less R&D budget, they can drop client products if it wont sell out right and may result in to an intel monopoly, and its a bad thing for everyone... so i dont get it why people are over reacting... T_T

de.das.dude

Pro Indian Modder
System Name Monke | Work Thinkpad| Old Monke
Processor Ryzen 5600X | Ryzen 5500U | FX8320
Motherboard ASRock B550 Extreme4 | ? | Asrock 990FX Extreme 4
Cooling 240mm Rad | Not needed | hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 Corsair RGB | 16 GB DDR4 3600 | 16GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX6700XT 12GB | Vega 8 | Sapphire Pulse RX580 8GB
Storage Samsung 980 nvme (Primary) | some samsung SSD
Display(s) Dell 2723DS | Some 14" 1080p 98%sRGB IPS | Dell 2240L
Case Ant Esports Tempered case | Thinkpad | Antec
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 | Jabra corpo stuff
Power Supply Corsair RM750e | not needed | Corsair GS 600
Mouse Logitech G400 | nipple
Keyboard Logitech G213 | stock kb is awesome | Logitech K230
VR HMD ;_;
Software Windows 10 Professional x3
Benchmark Scores There are no marks on my bench
I really love what they are doing with APUs. I almost just bought a mini-ITX mobo to build an XBMC box but the software support isnt quite there yet but it is getting close since openELEC has stepped up to the plate. they are doing a lot of good things for the HTPC audience

the FM1 socket has plenty of power in it for the average joe that uses it for school, general usage. AMD is smart for putting more focus into these markets- it is already paying off and demand is only going to grow
what i thin AMD wants is, to take part in these growing markets, reap profits, and invest that in R&D for the mainstream. atleast that is what i would have done if i were the CEO.

APUs have literally no competition in the market.

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
imho BD is only weak on single threaded apps and i just went from 4 to 2 cores for my main rig and my god single threaded performance matters not i got 2 threads of slow hell runnin its poo ,i want more cores simples. and now , I hope the intel bummers out there donnt succeed in gettin PD scrapped as BD is flyin off shelves and PD can only be better

arthurs

I am thinking about upgrading to Fx 8120-8150 too.

I have fx 6100@4,6 (H2O) in Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7 with crossfireX4@HIS HD5750.

AMD rules my rig :)

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
I think the fact that for the short time that AMD was in the lead, they resorted to all the "shady" business practices that Intel did is kind of proof of that.

They were just as quick to charge $1000 for their processors, and make shady under the table deals with OEMs.

Indeed. Give or take a bit, most companies are all as bad as each other. :ohwell:

Oh yeah, I really hate Rambus. You betcha!

I am thinking about upgrading to Fx 8120-8150 too.

I have fx 6100@4,6 (H2O) in Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7 with crossfireX4@HIS HD5750.

AMD rules my rig :)
Dude, fill out your system specs! It's cool to share on TPU... and welcome to TPU! :toast:

System Name My Rig
Processor AMD 3950X
Motherboard X570 TUFF GAMING PLUS
Cooling EKWB Custom Loop, Lian Li 011 G1 distroplate/DDC 3.1 combo
Memory 4x16GB Corsair DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) MSI Seahawk 2080 Ti EKWB block
Storage 2TB Auros NVMe Drive
Display(s) Asus P27UQ
Case Lian Li 011-Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) JBL 30X
Power Supply Seasonic Titanium 1000W
Mouse Razer Lancehead
Keyboard Razer Widow Maker Keyboard
Software Window's 10 Pro
I think AMD realizes that the average user, and gamer isn't going to notice any difference. Some games are more CPU limited, but even then, the difference is marginal. It's a sizable margin by the standards of this board. But we tend to forget that AMD probably cares more about making there chips more profitable, than any performance crown.

I mean really, there's about 1% of the CPU buying population that gives two shits that Intel has a super high end 1k dollar chip that's faster than everything else out there. Which makes a difference...never in the average users life.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
they have never been found guilty of that in court so I will deduce that to a theory

no I didnt wonder. it was because OEMs were impressed with AMD's performance. vendors want to offer their customers the best performance and value

Ah, I see. So when Intel was in the lead and all the OEMs were using them, it was all down to shady business practices, but when AMD is in the lead the OEMs were just using them because AMD was in the lead? Makes sense...

Completely Bonkers

Processor Mysterious Engineering Prototype
Motherboard Intel 865
Cooling Custom block made in workshop
Memory Corsair XMS 2GB
Video Card(s) FireGL X3-256
Display(s) 1600x1200 SyncMaster x 2 = 3200x1200
Software Windows 2003
This is just a PR stunt. AMD fanboys are like Apple fanboys... tell them "less is more" (ie 600 million fewer transistors) and tell them it is selling out (ie buy now before queues get really long)... and sheeple will buy it like a Barista buys his iPad.

Fx

Processor Ryzen 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Noctua
Memory G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB DDR4 3466
Video Card(s) EVGA 980ti FTW
Storage (OS)Samsung 950 Pro (512GB), (Data) WD Reds
Display(s) 24" Dell UltraSharp U2412M
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser GAME ONE
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 650 P2
Mouse Mionix Castor
Keyboard Deck Hassium Pro
Ah, I see. So when Intel was in the lead and all the OEMs were using them, it was all down to shady business practices, but when AMD is in the lead the OEMs were just using them because AMD was in the lead? Makes sense...

holy shit man! are you so quick to forget what Intel has been charged with and some cases found guilty of? selective memory maybe? here is some links that I pulled up on the first google pages since you are too lazy to investigate- take your pick:

European Union
http://www.economist.com/node/13649063
http://seethirty.wordpress.com/2009/05/13/intel-found-guilty-of-criminal-sales-tactics-against-amd/
http://www.fastcodesign.com/1280059/microsoft-and-intel-fight-eu-lawsuits-just-as-antitrust-policies-in-the-us-get-tougher
http://www.osnews.com/story/21468

New York Attorney General
http://money.cnn.com/2009/11/04/technology/cuomo_sues_intel_antitrust/index.htm
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/new-york-ag-files-antitrust-charges-against-intel-alleges-bribery-coercion/26903

South Korea
http://www.usatoday.com/tech/products/2007-09-11-270351916_x.htm
http://www.telecomseurope.net/content/regulators-charge-intel-antitrust-violation-south-korea

that is probably about half of it but it is a good start... you need to learn to look up some facts before going all out with assumptions...

Last edited:
System Name My pc
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Memory 16gb ddr4 3200mhz
Case Phanteks enthoo
Software Windows ten
This is just a PR stunt. AMD fanboys are like Apple fanboys... tell them "less is more" (ie 600 million fewer transistors)

You realise that it is actually a good thing right?

2 billion transistor bulldozer = epic fail.

1.2 billion transistor bulldozer = only slightly under performing.

Pretty much puts it precisely in line with phenom architecture ( I.E phenomx6 + two more cores is 1.26 billion)

The main problem is the IPC loss and crazy power draw. Hopefully both if which get fixed further down the line.

Last edited: