1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Catalyst 12.5 Beta Leaked

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Apr 27, 2012.

1. qwerty_lesh

qwerty_lesh

Thanks Received:
    I got that problem too, same config same versions. I rolled back to 12.1 and dont plan on upgrading anymore, the drivers now only seem to get worse for our setups :(

2. avatar_raq

Thanks Received:
    I assure you Youtube playback is now fine. But I have another issue with drivers above 12.1. Watching HD videos with media player classic and K-lite coded pack installed results in choppy playback and drop in frame rate after minute 26-27 of the video, restarting the player resolves the issue only to make it happen after the same time of continuous playback. I tried to update the k lite pack or roll it back to an older previously tested version did not help. Do you have the same issue?

3. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    Left 4 Dead 2 seems to just close if you use MLAA. Game starts and all and even loads the level but when you enter it and click to gain control over the character, game closes without a single error. Bizarre.

4. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    is this the one that cuts out support for everything except the 7 series?

5. DarkOCean

DarkOCean

Thanks Received:
    on top of that big mountain on mars(Romania)
    No, this is the one that cut support for everything except the future 8 series.

6. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    There's no such thing. I believe it's going to be either 12.5 or 12.6 that will cut out everything below the 5 series.

7. DarkOCean

DarkOCean

Thanks Received:
    on top of that big mountain on mars(Romania)
    its 12.7

8. FabMan New Member

Thanks Received:
    Virus alert

I installed the 12.5 AMD drivers and they also installed a virus, masked itself as SVCHOST.EXE and installed a file in my startup folder. Thanks a lot, please remove this dangerous link.

It also did improve my Skyrim performance though.

9. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Not for me it didn't. :ohwell:

10. theoneandonlymrk

theoneandonlymrk

Thanks Received:
    ive been using them weeks and just did a full malware bytes scan ontop of my base anti virai, all clear and it still works very well ,i do still get atikmag or weva errors if i push clocks too high without the required voltage but i allways did, 1.28V cures that tho so :):)

11. Xzibit

Thanks Received:
    I want a virus that improves my video drivers and gets better fps on games.

Nvidia start infecting me plz :D

12. FabMan New Member

Thanks Received:
    Virus confusion

The only other thing I did before installing the new drivers was to install a game from Steam, a legit one.

I uninstalled old drivers, booted into safe mode to uninstall/delete old driver from device manager, logged back into Windows normally and then installed the 12.5 drivers from the link.

It reported I had Catalyst 11.7, which I chose to ignore since the driver in device manager was new, I then restarted. On logging back in my Windows Firewall asked if I wanted a new svchost.exe to access the internet, my start up folder had a randomly generated exe and in my users\appdata folders was lots of randomly generated files, all signs of a virus.

However I could not see an actual problem with my machine, Skyrim performed better and the 2 anti-virus softwares couldn't detect it.

Logging into safe mode my profile needed re-creating (another bad sign) however I could remove those randomly generated exes without difficulty.

Strange, I will not trust it. If 12.5 gives better performance, I only have to wait for official version.