1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Confirms Kaveri will be Available in 2014

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Melvis

Melvis

Thanks Received:
    Now that would be awesome, but ill keep it at 15% just to make it more realistic and safe :)
  2. Deadlyraver

Thanks Received:
    AMD is showing respect to the consumers, this is truly exciting to see.
  3. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    We will need the serial processing capability of CPU's for a long, long, long time. as the transition to smaller nodes and eventually to the smallest node possible occurs it will force the move to more highly threaded computing, but for now we still need a powerful CPU.

I can list hundreds of references where AMD was ready and ahead of the curve but software failed to materialize, or the acceleration fell so far short of the two or three cherry picked benchmarks that it was laughable.

Did you know the early ATI graphics cards featured a rudimentary form of tessellation? But it wasn't used.
    Are you old enough to remember when ATI made the first compute capable graphics cards, but they were so hard to write software for it was virtually unused.

I am not disagreeing about the move there, but it will happen through other means, as memory evolves and sold storage becomes more available it will happen first more architecture changes from interfaces allowing faster access to improve system performance and once we run out of speed to be had there it will happen.

I even suspect we will eventually have processing that runs multiple options and the output is there based on user input to make the system seem faster.
    10 Million points folded for TPU