• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Demoes Dual "Fiji" Based Desktops at VRLA, Super Compact

Processor Intel i7-10700k
Motherboard Gigabyte Aurorus Ultra z490
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB
Memory 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3200MHz
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming Trio X 3070 LHR
Display(s) ASUS MG278Q / AOC G2590FX
Case Corsair X4000 iCue
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RM650x 650W Fully Modular
Software Windows 10
so far AMD has not said that Polaris will be that much more powerful at all than Fiji (just that is massively less power-hungry for same performance).

That's the main draw to Polaris. It's the streamlining of GCN to a point where it no longer means 300w+ max power draw and hopefully GPU's running below 90c on stock cooling. If AMD can get their power usage and cooling under control, they will be able to better compete with Nvidia.

nem

shut up and take my money.. :cool:

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
The first PIC shows a blower style cooler. On its side as well, so using a PCI-e riser, which would make it easier to fit in the case.
Surely that isn't the dual card though? Dual GPU with blower fan? Need to see more.
This may be the case with the Fury X2 on a riser as the case used to house the system is no bigger than one used for a home theater system, in fact it appears to be placed vertically in a stand, much like an Xbox or Playstation can be.

System Name MoneySink
Processor 2600K @ 4.8
Motherboard P8Z77-V
Cooling AC NexXxos XT45 360, RayStorm, D5T+XSPC tank, Tygon R-3603, Bitspower
Memory 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1600C8
Video Card(s) GTX 780 SLI (EVGA SC ACX + Giga GHz Ed.)
Storage Kingston HyperX SSD (128) OS, WD RE4 (1TB), RE2 (1TB), Cav. Black (2 x 500GB), Red (4TB)
Display(s) Achieva Shimian QH270-IPSMS (2560x1440) S-IPS
Case NZXT Switch 810
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek yawn edition
Power Supply Seasonic X-1050
Software Win8.1 Pro
Benchmark Scores 3.5 litres of Pale Ale in 18 minutes.
Meh.

PR. 4" wide but how long?*

The Tiki on their website is using a 980ti (for now). Advertised with a 980ti or a Titan X. In fact, in the configurator it's currently only Nvidia cards... Given the compact space inside the case, I can't see how it's got water in there. I think the dual fiji may be rocking air cooling.

Well, at least the dual Fiji card will become the most powerful Tiki build. There's no way Nvidia can match a Fiji PCB size using GDDR5. Given the sheer deafening silence about a dual Maxwell part, I figure they aren't evening coming to the fight this time after Titan Z and it's preposterous pricing nature.

But you have to wonder, a dual card in a Tiki size build with a Skylake. It'd be interesting to see the cooling and how noisy it may get.

* that's not meant to sound rude.
Just to combine two elements of your post, the Tiki Z did actually feature a GTX Titan Z until the card fell of the landscape. It did require a customized backpane but the chassis did manage to shoehorn in a 2.5 slot card

This is about RTG LiquidVR and the V-R market space... traditional "Enthusiast Gamers" need to get use to the fact this hasn't anything really for them.

Yea it's strange the RTG has sat on this, but I think they don't want to have it perceived as much or at all as a "Gaming" part, and waiting to showcase its use for V-R like they have here. It will come to market and have some staying power for the V-R segment, and why they haven't named it, waiting to see exactly what and how V-R really takes off, and then release it for that burgeoning space with some new (non-Fury) naming.

It appears to have a traditional blower cooler, so between that and I don't see that Falcon chassis having room for two FuryX pump/thermal solutions with say even a single larger radiator. It has me thinking it's using two Nano type thermal chamber coolers with the single blower, while both Fuji's are clocked down to Nano speed (or less). All RTG is targeting is to provide a great V-R experience, might seem counter-intuitive to the gaming crowd looking at monitors, but probably drives the dual images for V-R very smoothly.

System Name MoneySink
Processor 2600K @ 4.8
Motherboard P8Z77-V
Storage Kingston HyperX SSD (128) OS, WD RE4 (1TB), RE2 (1TB), Cav. Black (2 x 500GB), Red (4TB)
Case NZXT Switch 810
Software Win8.1 Pro
This is about RTG LiquidVR and the V-R market space... traditional "Enthusiast Gamers" need to get use to the fact this hasn't anything really for them.
That should be apparent from Roy Taylor's assertion that the dual Fiji card is 12TF FP32.

12 TFLOP of single point precision works out to be clock speed of 732MHz

732 * (2 * 4096) * 2 ops/clock = 12TF

Given that AMD tend to use best case numbers (i.e. max clock) for their calculations, it is probably safe to assume that the dual Fiji card wouldn't stack up particularly well against Crossfired FuryX/Nano/Fury - so excepting a niche smaller solution for the GPU-card, it doesn't really fit into the usual dual-GPU paradigm of halo performance equating to double that of the highest performing single GPU.

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
..... it is probably safe to assume that the dual Fiji card wouldn't stack up particularly well against Crossfired FuryX/Nano/Fury - so excepting a niche smaller solution for the GPU-card, it doesn't really fit into the usual dual-GPU paradigm of halo performance equating to double that of the highest performing single GPU.

To be fair Nvidia did that with Kepler too with the Titan Z. It didn't equal the performance of two Titan Black or two GTX 780 Ti.

I haven't expected this dual Fiji GPU card to be as fast as two Nano much less two Fury X but we'll see.

Now that the Nano has been reduced to around $500 it would be pretty cool to see the dual Fiji MSRP at under $1,000. Probably wishful thinking on my part though.

System Name MoneySink
Processor 2600K @ 4.8
Motherboard P8Z77-V
Case NZXT Switch 810
Software Win8.1 Pro
To be fair Nvidia did that with Kepler too with the Titan Z. It didn't equal the performance of two Titan Blacks or two 780 Ti
True enough, although I was thinking more along the lines of AMD's lineage ( R9 295X2 equates well to cfx'd 290X, HD 7990 to cfx'd 7970's, HD 6990 to cfx'd 6970).
Now that the Nano has been reduced to around $500 it would be pretty cool to see the dual Fiji MSRP at under $1,000. Probably wishful thinking on my part though.
If the chips aren't stringently binned for voltage, there wouldn't be too many roadblocks to why it couldn't be competitively priced, although I suspect with AMD talking up Polaris at every opportunity there is good reason to expect a limited supply (a la development kit) since AMD are basically Osborning themselves. For VR dev's a dual card is probably a better proposition, especially if the incoming single GPU Arctic Islands/Polaris parts aren't close to doubling present performance.