1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Driver Conflicts with Webcam Windows 8

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by cly, Feb 3, 2013.

1. cly

Thanks Received:
    I have two AMD video cards. A 4850 which is my main card and a 4300 which is the secondary card. I basically use the 4300 to connect the PC to my TV since it has an HDMI out and the 4850 does not. However, to get the 4300 to work I need to install the AMD driver. The 4850 works with the Windows 8 driver. When I update to the AMD driver my Logitech 310 webcam will not work anymore. When I try and use the camera app it says "Sorry, this camera app can't be use with this version of Windows". I can rollback the AMD driver back to the Windows driver so the webcam works again but then the 4300 card will not work anymore. Anyone have a similar issue and figure out a solution? Thanks

2. Law-II

Law-II

Thanks Received:
  3. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Also, look for a legacy driver to use as the newer drivers from AMD do not support the 4 series and prior.

4. cly

Thanks Received:
    I appreciate the responses but this is not the case. It is not an issue with the logitech drivers. I have the latest drivers and the webcam works fine with not used with an App. As for the AMD drivers. I can only get the 4300 card to work if I install the legacy drivers. Installing these drivers causes the webcam not to work with Apps. Si its is either have the webcam work with apps or the 4300 video card to work. I can not have both it seems.