1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD E-350 - how suitable for old games?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by boren, Aug 15, 2011.

1. boren New Member

Thanks Received:
    A few months ago tomshardware.com compared the performance of E-350 and the Ion 2 with several games, both old and new, but the list of old games is pretty limited. Is there any place I could find more info about this? Has techpowerup.com ever tested the E-350 (in the context of gaming)? The only review I could find here is of the Viako Mini Letter ML-55, but it doesn't test performance in games.

For the record, games I'm curious to know (if compatible with the E-350) include UT2004, Prey (2006), Far Cry (2004) and Call of Duty (2003). All are quite old, but are they old enough?
  2. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    Yes, I can run those games easily on a dual core with 128mb of integrated video mem.
  3. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    Considering games run surprisngly well even on Atom N270 which is today by all means crap, they'll work much better on a proper dual core E-350 that can flex some muscle. It's the graphics part that's more important really and the Radeon part is really good.
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  4. boren New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thank you. This is encouraging to know.
  5. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    If you Youtube laptops or netbooks with that particular processor. you will see that. there are lots of people that have uploaded footage or done reviews where they are playing Crysis 1 or 2, L4D and starcraft II. I dont think it would have any problems at all asside from having to squint to see peoples heads from behind the wall in CoD1. just make sure you have at least 4Gb of ram as part of it will become shared memory for the GPU

I'll be ordering a HP DM1-3200SA next week which has the same CPU and ive already got 8Gb of ram winging its way in from the U.S
  6. xBruce88x

xBruce88x

Thanks Received:
    also if upgrading the ram, try and get the fastest speed the laptop/chip can support. it can make a big diff on that APU's integrated gpu.

try this site... it has a lot of info about notebook gpu's and they do a pretty good job of testing them

http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD-6310.40952.0.html

those should all run fairly well, with prey probably needing some lower settings in the shadows department since it uses more shader model 3.0 of the dx9c spec. farcry i think mostly uses sm2.0. at least it looked fine on my radeon 9600XT. you may want the extra vram for farcry b/c of its open spaces and such. (set to 256mb)
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2011